Increased Hunting and Fishing Licenses Costs Proposed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the last 20+ years deer hunting in Oklahoma, I’ve spent A BUNCH of money on licenses, done business locally and paid sales tax, paid my property taxes, and yet because I have Texas tags on my truck, I’m just another sumbiching out of stater to the ODWC and the vast majority of resident OK hunters.
Thanks to pot farms or whatever has caused land prices to skyrocket, I’m sitting on a pretty valuable asset, and this little money grab by the ODWC might be the catalyst to make me cash out. I’m already spending over $1000 per year on licenses, and this price increase would add about 70% to that. I like to hunt, but at some point, the cost doesn’t make sense.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the last 20+ years deer hunting in Oklahoma, I’ve spent A BUNCH of money on licenses, done business locally and paid sales tax, paid my property taxes, and yet because I have Texas tags on my truck, I’m just another sumbiching out of stater to the ODWC and the vast majority of resident OK hunters.
Thanks to pot farms or whatever has caused land prices to skyrocket, I’m sitting on a pretty valuable asset, and this little money grab by the ODWC might be the catalyst to make me cash out. I’m already spending over $1000 per year on licenses, and this price increase would add about 70% to that. I like to hunt, but at some point, the cost doesn’t make sense.
Mission accomplished! Don’t let the door hit your azz on the way out, ya sumbichin outta stater! Now sell your hunting land to a local Oklahoman for pre-Covid prices. Thank you

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s past time to raise license fees. Especially for out of state hunters. I travel to either Utah Colorado or Wyoming when I can draw a tag. Our out of state license are cheap (even with the proposed increase). I am not a fan of the policy of the wildlife department especially from a management standpoint. I have some unpopular opinions but when you look at other states even my thoughts are “liberal” comparatively. Besides how can we expect the department to quasi operate without any increase in revenue. I understand the frustration but when Colorado went to 640 bucks I complained but still paid it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s past time to raise license fees. Especially for out of state hunters. I travel to either Utah Colorado or Wyoming when I can draw a tag. Our out of state license are cheap (even with the proposed increase). I am not a fan of the policy of the wildlife department especially from a management standpoint. I have some unpopular opinions but when you look at other states even my thoughts are “liberal” comparatively. Besides how can we expect the department to quasi operate without any increase in revenue. I understand the frustration but when Colorado went to 640 bucks I complained but still paid it.
Cheap, huh?!?🤣
Currently, to hunt archery, muzzleloader, and rifle seasons, my bill is $909. An Oklahoma hunter coming to TX pays $315.:rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom