Increased Hunting and Fishing Licenses Costs Proposed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheap, huh?!?🤣
Currently, to hunt archery, muzzleloader, and rifle seasons, my bill is $909. An Oklahoma hunter coming to TX pays $315.:rolleyes2
While the license is cheaper access to land in Texas is much more expensive. Thus the reason all the Texans come up here to lease. (Some like yourself even buy)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While the license is cheaper access to land in Texas is much more expensive. Thus the reason all the Texans come up here to lease. (Some like yourself even buy)
The price depends on what part of TX you want hunt, but I don’t know anyone that hunts in Oklahoma because their lease is cheaper.🤣

The focus here seems to be that Texans are the only out of staters that come to Oklahoma to hunt, but @kwaynem has told me that Osage county fills up with Kansas residents. I’m fairly confident that’s not the only place they hunt. :scratch:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm almost ready to let anyone not local to kill whatever they want. The ignorant entitled ass that hunts my fence line has pretty much erased everything I have tried to accomplish with mature bucks. Doesn't own any land but his parents do. Doesn't want to hunt it cause too many hunters around it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm almost ready to let anyone not local to kill whatever they want. The ignorant entitled ass that hunts my fence line has pretty much erased everything I have tried to accomplish with mature bucks. Doesn't own any land but his parents do. Doesn't want to hunt it cause too many hunters around it.
That’s a common problem. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. :rolleyes2

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The price depends on what part of TX you want hunt, but I don’t know anyone that hunts in Oklahoma because their lease is cheaper.🤣

The focus here seems to be that Texans are the only out of staters that come to Oklahoma to hunt, but @kwaynem has told me that Osage county fills up with Kansas residents. I’m fairly confident that’s not the only place they hunt. :scratch:
I'm sure it's not the only place, but Kaw is an absolute KS hunter magnet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom