Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a church that doesn't do too much of the singing and arm waving stuff...
...............I'd prefer one that spent more time on sermon and bible readings... something more dry, academic or analytical if that makes sense.

Your title implies you're looking for a big church but the criteria above defeats your search. The "big churches" do all the above, because that's what today's entertainment, feel good audiences demand. "Big churches" are business entities and revenue is job #1.

If you're truly looking for ... what you say, you'll be visiting smaller groups. PM me for more info.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Crossings Church. They offer 3 different "styles" if I can say it that way. The Venue and the Sanctuary have the band music and modern singing, that's ok but not my cup of tea. I prefer the Chapel which is a more traditional experience.

I feel very comfortable there and have never had any bad or uncomfortable experience.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Crossings Church. They offer 3 different "styles" if I can say it that way. The Venue and the Sanctuary have the band music and modern singing, that's ok but not my cup of tea. I prefer the Chapel which is a more traditional experience.

I feel very comfortable there and have never had any bad or uncomfortable experience.

We've been going to Crossings since 2007. Started attending the Edmond campus since it opened.

The OKC campus is definitely too big for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I liked everything about Crossings except the preacher. He stands up there and basically reads his sermon. I sat on the front row, second row, tenth row and never saw him attempt to make eye contact with anyone in the audience. But to each their own.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been thinking about attending a church again. Was raised religious and did the whole youth group thing in my teen years, then interest sort of fell off. There's no specific reason why I'm looking to go back.. just curious to try it again and see if it's more interesting now that I'm older.

But if I can be picky, then I'm looking for a church that doesn't do too much of the singing and arm waving stuff... always felt it was super cheesy and embarrassing. I know WHY churches do this, but I'd prefer one that spent more time on sermon and bible readings... something more dry, academic or analytical if that makes sense.

I think the churches I've gone to in the past were Nazarene, Methodist, and Baptist, but I'm cool to try whatever denominations are out there besides the one that mutilates squirrels.

You are invited to my church, you can sit with me. (I sit with my family, in the back). We are fairly normal, if you don't have your own snake to handle we can provide one....(haha, poor joke) The church has an online service, no sign up needed. Heartland Freewill Baptist Church, at Indian Hills Drive and Santa Fe, about 1/4 mile north on the West side. It is on the north side of Moore.

We sing normal songs, one hymn, and the preacher has a talk. He loves people.

Attendance about 100. You can do as much or as little as you want there, and no one will embarrass you.

Adult Sunday school is intellectual and not emotional. Sincere coverage of things. Right now it is Zoom, several of the guys are older and are still not back due to covid.

If you have any interest PM me and we can talk or text or email or PM.

Eric

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you find your church, it's very difficult to find one that is traditional the preacher is honestly doing the work for which he was called. I like the old hymns and the new rock music isn't for me. Tom Elliff was a very good preacher and still is...

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked everything about Crossings except the preacher. He stands up there and basically reads his sermon. I sat on the front row, second row, tenth row and never saw him attempt to make eye contact with anyone in the audience. But to each their own.

Marty Grubbs? Or one of the other preachers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom