Info on the big churches in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'll add this and not say much more on the subject. The Bible says that there are many administrations but one Lord. So that means there are many denominations but one Lord. Baptist, Assembly of God, Church of Christ, Methodist, and so on. Again I refer to Paul and Silas in prison singing hymns and praying the gates opened and shackles fell off and the guard was shocked because he would be killed if the prisoners escaped but he believed... "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" The answer was and still is, "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." One doesn't have to dress a certain way have their hair in a bun and wear long dresses, be poor all their lives, they don't have to give to the poor because there are no conditions to obtaining salvation. The Bible doesn't say believe on the Lord and do this or that and you'll be saved. It's really quite simple but man and his denominations have sort of gotten in the way of the simplicity.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im sitting right by ya! Conversation like this is exactly why I have no use for religion. But I do agree about life church. That’s just The equivilant of Walmart for church in my book!

I have been to so many churches in my life. I've studied and studied and studied. I still have more questions than answers. Men who think they have all the answers until you ask a question they can't answer turn into bullies pretty quickly. Just is what it is ...

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpeg
I have been to so many churches in my life. I've studied and studied and studied. I still have more questions than answers. Men who think they have all the answers until you ask a question they can't answer turn into bullies pretty quickly. Just is what it is ...

Same here. I've been in just about every brand of church there is, CofC included, except for a mosque. Some were real adventures. Like at The General Assembly and Church of the Firstborn. If I had known the service was gonna last 4 hours I never would have sat in the middle of the pew. The first time we went to Life Church and saw a bucket of ear plugs by the auditorium door my daughter said "Maybe we should try somewhere else." Not me. We went right up front and sat on the front row. And then there was that Russian Orthodox at Ninilchik that had no seats or pews. You just stood up for the entire service. It turned out to be pretty special. And I'll close this missive with a pic of that. Never be afraid to say "I don't know the answer to that."

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I’ve seen men blow themselves up in the name of Allah. Right or wrong, they believed themselves they were right about it. Doesn’t matter what religion it is, who am I to say you’re wrong but come check out my god?!? There are great men and women of faith in almost any religion, just as committed as the others etc.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'll add this and not say much more on the subject. The Bible says that there are many administrations but one Lord. So that means there are many denominations but one Lord. Baptist, Assembly of God, Church of Christ, Methodist, and so on. Again I refer to Paul and Silas in prison singing hymns and praying the gates opened and shackles fell off and the guard was shocked because he would be killed if the prisoners escaped but he believed... "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" The answer was and still is, "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." One doesn't have to dress a certain way have their hair in a bun and wear long dresses, be poor all their lives, they don't have to give to the poor because there are no conditions to obtaining salvation. The Bible doesn't say believe on the Lord and do this or that and you'll be saved. It's really quite simple but man and his denominations have sort of gotten in the way of the simplicity.

And, the jailer and his family were baptized.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah like who was Cain's wife?

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Satan must be grinning ear to ear hearing what certain people are saying on this thread. When Christians are condeming other Christians and their churches the devil knows his plans is working very well.

There is some truth to this. There are many leading their sheep astray so as not to run anyone off in an attempt to pay cash for their next campus.

I wouldn’t really call it condemning but the church has gotten way to loose with the Bible and God’s Word and that needs to be called out when seen.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sure heard a lot of condemning on this thread and before I condemn a church, pastor, or church member I would do some serious praying about it to make sure that's what God wants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom