Insurance policy just for guns from State Farm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of guitars and amps do you have ? I’ve had many and sold them all like an idiot, gonna be looking for a couple of replacements soon!
I know you’re not selling yours I’m just curious as to what you have and what music do you prefer ?
Gibsons, Fenders, Suhrs, Jacksons, Solar, Ibanez, Breedlove. Marshall JCM 800 2203 100 amp heads, 4x12 A and B cabs, Fender amps, EVH 5150's. I'm an 70's and 80's rock nut, Southern rock, Blues. My son started playing in his first year of high school, and I kind of spoiled him with some of the better equipment. He plays rock, and death metal. I don't play, but I do collect. I used to play when I 10 yrs. old but a head injury happened, and I couldn't play anymore. Fingers wouldn't go where my brain was telling them to go. I told my parents that I just lost interest.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand why they (firearms) need a separate policy. Are they not contents within the house? They are a tool like many other things. Will I need separate coverage on the craftsman set? I've seen in many movies a good old fashioned cold-cocking with an end wrench. Does this insurance cover weather damage like on my home and auto? If I leave my gun outside and it rust is it covered? Same as hail damage to car and roof, right? What if the gun gets sick with ABS (Alec Baldwin syndrome) and it goes off by its self? Same as accident with car, right? Are these coverages just for collectors? Will these new insurances be required on my stamp collection, carnival glass collection, etc.? Where does this end? What about attachments? If I put a new Kenwood in my car, it's broken into and stolen, it's covered. So will insurance automatically cover my scopes and clips too? I have fallen many times while on hunts and have twice damaged scopes. Will this be covered? Please explain reason for this.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My insurance agent here in Tulsa contacted me recently ( they know I had guns before the boat accident) to tell me they now insure firearms in a separate policy, she sent me a quote for 10,000.00 coverage for 75.00 a year, that’s 6.25 per month!
If any of y’all in the Tulsa area are interested my agent is Mason Hamilton at 61st and Sheridan and Kimberly is the doll that works as his office Mgr. the phone number is 918-496-0513, call and get some quotes on insuring yours ! Tell Kimberly sent you and maybe she will buy me La Roma pizza soneday !!
Thanks for the info! I’m spending over $100 a month and I just got 2 new guns to put on my policy.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand why they (firearms) need a separate policy. Are they not contents within the house? They are a tool like many other things. Will I need separate coverage on the craftsman set? I've seen in many movies a good old fashioned cold-cocking with an end wrench. Does this insurance cover weather damage like on my home and auto? If I leave my gun outside and it rust is it covered? Same as hail damage to car and roof, right? What if the gun gets sick with ABS (Alec Baldwin syndrome) and it goes off by its self? Same as accident with car, right? Are these coverages just for collectors? Will these new insurances be required on my stamp collection, carnival glass collection, etc.? Where does this end? What about attachments? If I put a new Kenwood in my car, it's broken into and stolen, it's covered. So will insurance automatically cover my scopes and clips too? I have fallen many times while on hunts and have twice damaged scopes. Will this be covered? Please explain reason for this.
I just posted this because it’s new from SF and wanted to let others know is case they were interested, Id suggest you contact them to answer all the questions you have. I do know that before they offered these firearm policies they would only cover a certain amount ( 5k I think?) on firearms regardless of the value in case of theft, fire, flood, tornado etc…
And it’s Magazines and not clips ! 😂

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m no expert, but I think the answer is read your policy carefully. Most policies have limits as to how much will be paid for items in given categories, guns, electronics and jewelry being a few. If you’re into any of these categorized items, you’ll find the default coverage is lacking. As for your Kenwood car stereo example, if you did not get that upgrade specifically covered and it gets stolen, your insurance will usually only pay for the replacement factory radio (unfortunately, I am very much aware of this one).

Latest posts

Top Bottom