Insurance policy just for guns from State Farm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Considering the corporate attitude (which didn’t honor over 1/4 century of history without any claims), I wouldn’t recommend StateFarm to someone that I hate……"

I can say that insurance companies DO NOT give a sheet about your history other than prompt payment of premiums. They could not care less. Your 'agent' may care about getting your business and be very nice
though.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, my guns are covered under a valuable property coverage. I had to take pictures of each gun and list the cost of each. Most home or renters policies will only pay a low amount. Same with jewelry. I’m going to check out SF though.
Be careful keeping records of what you paid/sold guns. With new ATF definition of "being in the business,"If you ever sell them, ATF may term you as being in the business. Keeping cost/pricing records is one of their determinations of being a dealer, selling without a FFL, even at a loss. As attorney Kevin Jamieson, KC attorney, says..."It doesn't have to make sense, it's just the law."

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful keeping records of what you paid/sold guns. With new ATF definition of "being in the business,"If you ever sell them, ATF may term you as being in the business. Keeping cost/pricing records is one of their determinations of being a dealer, selling without a FFL, even at a loss. As attorney Kevin Jamieson, KC attorney, says..."It doesn't have to make sense, it's just the law."
Not a problem. I keep everything I buy now. No more selling for me. I figure I can always pass everything down to my Grandson.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As my Agent told me, after our house fire. "Insurance companies live on statistics."

The fire was our 3rd major claim in 16 months. I mentioned that I would probably be canceled. He said, "no, more likely rate will drop. Statistics say you will file 3 claims in your lifetime. You have filed 3, chances are never again.."

My policy did drop after that. 40 years later, and haven't had another claim.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, but, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you need that information for your income taxes and the IRS !

Latest posts

Top Bottom