Insurance policy just for guns from State Farm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand why they (firearms) need a separate policy. Are they not contents within the house? They are a tool like many other things. Will I need separate coverage on the craftsman set? I've seen in many movies a good old fashioned cold-cocking with an end wrench. Does this insurance cover weather damage like on my home and auto? If I leave my gun outside and it rust is it covered? Same as hail damage to car and roof, right? What if the gun gets sick with ABS (Alec Baldwin syndrome) and it goes off by its self? Same as accident with car, right? Are these coverages just for collectors? Will these new insurances be required on my stamp collection, carnival glass collection, etc.? Where does this end? What about attachments? If I put a new Kenwood in my car, it's broken into and stolen, it's covered. So will insurance automatically cover my scopes and clips too? I have fallen many times while on hunts and have twice damaged scopes. Will this be covered? Please explain reason for this.
My insurance (Shelter) will only cover up to $250 for a gun. All others excluded after that except for a separate policy. Have one for jewelry but it's the same but has separate deductible for each piece!

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, my guns are covered under a valuable property coverage. I had to take pictures of each gun and list the cost of each. Most home or renters policies will only pay a low amount. Same with jewelry. I’m going to check out SF though.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read an article last evening on the net saying that some Democrat politician in California wrote a Bill that would require a homeowner or apartment dweller to disclose how many guns they have to their insurance agent and to the government. a

Bill Filed in CA at Requiring Homeowners/Renters Insurance Cos to …

My ‘Spidey Sense’ detects that this bill is an essential component of a California Government Plan to collect specific information regarding the personal possession of firearms that they are legally unable to force their law abiding citizens to divulge through the use of a third party with the ability to coerce the information. Specifically, insurance companies can (and certainly will) introduce clauses in home owners policies that will negate coverage for claims when it is determined that the presence of firearms on the premises was not disclosed. The sharing of information between these companies and various levels of governments {https://archive.globalpolicy.org/si...r-28-UNGA-Partnerships-and-Private-Sector.pdf}* (*Note- this site and the information contained therein has been removed from access by the general public and is now only available to select audiences—> but I already read it). The U.N. Agenda ultimately provides for a worldwide system for controlling natural resources, energy production and use, production, transportation, communications, agriculture, commerce, locations where where populations reside, insuring compliance with official regulations for healthcare and the control of epidemics (vaccines etc), and any other aspects of life that are scientifically and technologically deemed necessary for the benefit of society as a collective. There is even a plan for emigrating people back into urban centers to re-wild the planet. The implementation of this plan is heavily dependent upon the development of partnerships between governments and the private sector so as to circumvent potential opposition from those they seek to control by eliminating potential opposition presented by the democratic process. So, getting back to the subject—> I view this bill as an example of an effort to implement a partnership between State Government and the Private Sector intended to gather information about private citizens that can and will be used later for a much darker purpose…., this is my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input from all and I'm aware of policy limitations as I've had numerous carriers over the years. But I've never had them require specific information other than recommending for me to keep records if something was to happen. They surely don't want the responsibility of helping you get all of your claim capabilities. I've always paid for an additional amount for contents above minimum coverage. They just never asked for specific info. In my early am response I must have been tripped by the contagious fear of new Demo Bills or Laws.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a house fire in 1984. Farmers insurance.
No gun destroyed, but smoke and water are not your friends.
Took them to a good friend, that is also a gunsmith by profession. He cleaned, refinished as necessary and gave me an extra copy of invoice for insurance.

Gave the invoice to the adjuster and he was verclamped. I took the invoice from him and took it to my Agent (gun friendly). Adjuster followed me to Agent.

Agent looks at invoice and tells adjuster, "pay it, you got off cheap." Adjuster reaches for invoice and asked if s/n's were listed? Agent hands me the invoice and tells Adjuster, "you don't need that information, just the price."

Adjuster left, not happy. Agent tells me, "you REALLY need a rider or separate policy. Your policy is maxed at $2500, invoice was $2465. I would recommend NRA insurance or similar, but NOT here."

Claim was paid and no questions asked.

Not furnishing s/n's. Back door registration. Red flags. Libturd thinking. Too many possibilities and none good.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All State, State Farm, Farmers
Have dealt with all, had claims with all. They are NOT in business to pay claims.

Tin foil hat scenario:

Odumbass Care type legislation is passed requiring liability insurance for gun ownership. They done it with auto insurance. Everybody needing coverage will force cheaper rates, I'm sure.

Insurance riders require full description and S/N. No number, must turn in.

Insurance Companies pushing for favorable legislation, "we really need your vote, you want our list?"

Crime committed with a gun. What is s/n? Who is insurer? Pay up.

Remember, the PERSON is the guilty party, the gun is responsible for the deed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom