Interviewed on TV following mall shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must say, I'm a bit humbled by all the postive responses here.

I thought I did "ok" and was glad my nervousness didn't show thru like I thought it might.

I was pleased that I happened to have thought out some answers long in advance to some of the standard gun questions.

Of course, now I've thought of some other things I could've said that would've been even better...

Maybe next time!

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome job! It is usually a "ding bat" that the anchor finds to interview, but you seemed to be in the right place at the right time and made very valid points!

I don't know if I have ever seen a pro-CCW story on the news, so what you said really persuaded the anchor. Its really neat to allow someone to shoot who has never shot before, it really opens up there eyes that a gun isn't some death machine if you keep it in the right hands.

Again, great job on getting a positive outlook on the gun enthusiasts and those who carry concealed.

:respect:

freetrapper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the exact thing happen to me at a gun range in Topeka KS right after Obama took office. I was interviewed about the reason for the "rush" on guns and ammo and filmed shooting inside the range.

As a firearms instructor I am well aware of the facts and talking points and have spoken at several pro gun events and even before the Kansas Legislature. I was happy with my answers but was very un happy with the editing. They can make anything slant their way if they want to. They did not make my comments look bad per say but they deffinatly left out the factual information and only included comments and sound bites that did little to promote the pro gun side.

http://www.ktka.com/news/2009/apr/14/gun_sales_shooting_through_roof/ (Ya I'm the big guy with the NRA hat shooting)

You did very well with your moment of fame..........

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing that malls don't allow guns .............since when??

Is there some kind of law???

Or just the normal gunbuster BS???

It looks like the bad guys aren't obeying what ever is on the doors.

only the good guys obey laws. thats the problem.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was having a conversation with me off camera, prompting my answers.

He asked, "why do you carry a gun?"

That's when I gave my standard response (borne out of long deliberative thought on the answer) "Because I refuse to entrust me life to the whim of another."..........and I felt myself looking a bit too "intense," so I added, "and because a cop is too heavy to carry!"

They cut out that part......probably a good thing!

I thought you did a great job too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom