Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Tim

I've lurked for a while and was prompted to join from a thread in the General Discussion. I'm a "common sense" kinda guy. I used to dove and deer hunt, but haven't had access to any good land to hunt in recent years. I grew up shooting and have always loved it. I've got a couple shotguns and my deer rifle. I picked up a .22 pistol to plink with a few years back (Ruger bearcat). I also have a 1911 my Grandfather gave to me before he passed. Ever since the tragedy in CT I have been paying attention to the gun control debate. I just don't undertand the extreme positions (on both sides of the debate). I think its time for a little Common Sense.

As you hang around I think you will find that there are no extreme positions on the pro-gun side. Check out the 2nd section.

HardKnox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanted to introduce myself. I am retired Air Force and an avid hunter and shooter. Grew up around guns my whole life and want to make sure my 9 yr old has the same chances. NRA member for life....

Shooter87

New to the site!
Reaction score
Where to start..... I recently moved to Moore, OK about two months ago from California. I am originally from the midwest (Missouri), but have been stationed out in California for the last 6 years thanks to the USMC. Although, with my job I am constantly going to ranges and shooting every kind of weapon that military has to offer I never got into shooting outside work. Probably because I shot enough for everyone and their mother for my job. Moving to Oklahoma though I no longer have the opportunity to shoot anymore and I am really getting the itch to put some rounds down range. This has lead me to this site to meet some people and figure out where the places to shoot are around here. Not including where to find some decently priced firearms are so I can pick up some myself. Look forward to being a part of okshooters and getting to know more of you.

Semper Fi

bighank

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm Matt but my buddies started calling me Hank in the Marine Corps so it kind of stuck. I live in MWC and did 5 years in the Corps.

I already own a few defense weapons but I'm looking to get back into shooting more regularly.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello. I moved to Tulsa about a year ago, and just heard about this forum recently. I own a few firearms and am planning on buying more. I hope to make a friend or two here.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum fellas! As a fellow veteran, I appreciate your sacrifice so our families can continue to have it's freedoms. This is a GREAT website with a lot of good people and tons of great information. Prepare to be bit by the bug....lol

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For all the new guys, rather than start your own thread, post here about yourself.

Welcome!!

Hello all. I am new here and sort of new to shooting. I never owned a gun (except daddy's shotgun) until 2010. There was a shooting in my development that night where 3 guys tried to shoot at one guy and our car ending up gettin hit. If my wife had been home 10 minutes prior she would have been shot in the leg. We went out and bought our first guns that weekend. I bought a Glock17 and my wife bought a EAA .38 special. I also bought an M&p15-22 because she did not want me to get the real rifle till I had more shooting experience. I had shot a little in college but that was it.

Since then we have both gotten our permits to carry a firearm, joined a range and shoot every week at first. Now we shoot about 3 out of every 4 weeks because of the price of ammo. We have also expanded our collection. I finally got my real ar-15. First one was a stag model two and then right before the 2012 election I bought a DPMS upper and put it on an ATI polymer lower.

I typically carry a Colt 1911 commander or my Glock 17 and usually a S&W bodyguard .380 as a back up.

My wife usually carries a Bersa 9mm compact as her concealled carry.

I play guitar and mostly get into 1970s and 80s music. My favorites are Kiss, Motley Crue, Dokken and the like. My Favorite guitarist is George Lynch ( DOkken), Ace Frehley (Kiss), and (Mick Mars) Motley Crue. I don't play country but it is my favorite music. My favorites are Alabama, Chris Ledoux, and Tobey Keith.

I am a generally nice guy I would hope to think and consider myself to be a Southern Gentleman. I am extremely conservative on most issues and leaning libertarian on some. No two ways about it I am pro gun and can't stand obama. I call things like I see them and sometimes people don't like that, especially when its an "inconvieneint truth"

Latest posts

Top Bottom