iOS5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning, the lemmings were complaining about the iOS5 download taking so long because everyone was trying to download it at once.

This afternoon, Twitter has been full of stories like this.

fxEtdUxrMPBpl9D2vF_VHpYYAO3XqxdMsCoG5wROq2xH8zFsCs5J5w6BbfC_Cb6G6NA3n9G5pP6i11WAv3GdUHLcsY_uhBA9CyzrfHrXvJeGLDVUy_g

Seems to be becoming more normal with Apple updates recently...

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This morning, the lemmings were complaining about the iOS5 download taking so long because everyone was trying to download it at once.

This afternoon, Twitter has been full of stories like this.

fxEtdUxrMPBpl9D2vF_VHpYYAO3XqxdMsCoG5wROq2xH8zFsCs5J5w6BbfC_Cb6G6NA3n9G5pP6i11WAv3GdUHLcsY_uhBA9CyzrfHrXvJeGLDVUy_g

Seems to be becoming more normal with Apple updates recently...

A minimum of a complex and maybe even a novel.

The issue has to due with overloaded apple servers and what people think were bricked phones.
What happened:
Download iOS 5
Upgrade software, says verifying with apple and issues a SHSH blob
Upgrade approved, phone reboots, software loads.
After upgrading, again verifies upgrade with apple and if not approved, causes a hang screen. (people think bricked)
BUT
Hold the home + power for 10 seconds, force reboot, and just like magic you have a phone sitting at the restore screen ready to be restored.

And as with every software release, it is recommended to back up and sync apps. A lot of people fail to due so... oops.
Its common technical sense to back any and everything up before a major upgrade.

I had no issues what so ever but my wife's did the above issue and I had it resolved and restored with maybe an extra 5 minutes involved.

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your logic has no place in a Veggie Meat thread concerning Apple.

A minimum of a complex and maybe even a novel.

The issue has to due with overloaded apple servers and what people think were bricked phones.
What happened:
Download iOS 5
Upgrade software, says verifying with apple and issues a SHSH blob
Upgrade approved, phone reboots, software loads.
After upgrading, again verifies upgrade with apple and if not approved, causes a hang screen. (people think bricked)
BUT
Hold the home + power for 10 seconds, force reboot, and just like magic you have a phone sitting at the restore screen ready to be restored.

And as with every software release, it is recommended to back up and sync apps. A lot of people fail to due so... oops.
Its common technical sense to back any and everything up before a major upgrade.

I had no issues what so ever but my wife's did the above issue and I had it resolved and restored with maybe an extra 5 minutes involved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom