iPad Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my wife an iPad for her birthday.

Thoughts on best place to buy
Best place for wireless service for it
16G vs. 32G

Etc

Thanks!

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The price will be the same no matter where you buy. You can order straight from Apple and they will inscribe the back, that's about the only "extra" you can get for free.
I have 7 iPads between the kids and the wife. Got the wife the 64G because she wanted lots of movies on there, the kids got the 16G and I got the 32G. You can order an iPad2 if you want to save some money, but I believe there some limitations on size of the 2 right now.
I have no experience with the wireless versions, I don't have any with that option.

I can tell you that the kids laptops are virtually untouched now that everyone has an iPad. They are great for road trips as well.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got the verizon 4g LTE, 16 gig. Love it. The internet is stupid fast and I'm cover most places I go. The best advice I can give you is to buy from the apple store. I believe they are the only place that gives a two week money back guarantee. So you can pick a carrier go to the place you are the most and give it a whirl, if you don't like it, exchange it for another. As far as gigs go, I don't store my entire library on mine so its not an issue. Plus you get 4 gigs on the cloud to save stuff.That being said if she wants to save a lot of music and movies on there it is only an extra hundy, and you can always us less memory but you can't add more! Knowing my usage I knew I'd be fine with the 16 g which is still a lot of data.
Hope that helps

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The iPads, like most other Apple products, are locked down and won't accept external memory (SD cards or USB drives), so I would suggest getting the largest that you can afford. Once you run out of space, you're pretty much SOL.

To buy one, I would go with Apple or NewEgg.

If your wife is tech-savvy I would suggest going with an Android tablet instead of the iPad. If she isn't, the iPad is the easiest to use.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a good questions. The GSM versions (ie: AT&T ) just use a SIM, so that should be easy enough. I'm not sure what the CDMA providers stances are on devices they didn't sell.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what monthly gig do you guys get?

ATT 250MB per month* $14.99
3GB per month* $30.00
5GB per month* $50.00

Verizon 1GB per month* $20.00
2GB per month* $30.00
5GB per month* $50.00

Latest posts