iPad Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes you can buy from apple or best buy ect. (same price everywhere) But you must decide at time of purchase whether you want att or verizon. you dont have to take it anywhere to set up it is very easy. I just recommend the apple store because you can try a network for 14 days.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have unlimited through T-Mobile and 5gb with US Cellular. I usually use about 10-15gb each month. It will really just depend on what she does with it.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am in my 2nd month of Verizon with the 2g plan. I used a little under a gig. I am going to monitor my usage and adjust accordingly you can always change from month to month.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
90% of it will be at home (so will be using wireless) but she might start using it at work for meetings, calendars, etc. But not much actually graphic work.

Good idea on buying from Apple

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your wife will love PS touch (app)... It is a limited version of adobe photoshop for the ipad. It is made by adobe so it is the same layout/tools. It is not near as indepth as photoshop, but you can do a lot of things on there. and its only $10 for the app store.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best Buy has the iPad 2 32G w/ATT for $629
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...lack/1918229.p?id=1218302813040&skuId=1918229

Apple Store has the same for $729
http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/new_ipad

Is buying from Apple store worth the $100 extra?

The one from Best Buy is last years model......The one from the Apple store is the Gen 3 one. You could always buy refurbished. They come with the same 1 year warranty as a new one.

http://store.apple.com/us/search?find=refurbished+ipad+2

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Verizon, I have sprint data for my phones now, their network sucks, plus it's irrelevant for the iPad, Tulsa does not have 4G with at&t they have HSPA with enhanced backhaul that gets you to the bottom end of the 4g speed spectrum. Verizon 4g on the hotspot gets me around 4.5 to 7.Gbps in the Tulsa are sometimes as fast as 13Gps In grapevine back in april I was getting 17 to 25 with the verizon hotspot.

My work iPad is 3G on verizon, i bought my wife an iPad3 without data service she uses it at home and work on wifii and when we travel we use a 4g hotspot because either one of us may need to remote into work from our laptops. Plus we can run multiple appliances on the hotspot.

I think someone told me the 4g verizon iPads were going to be usable as a portable hotspot.

Go with the verizon service you'll be happier.

Buy from the apple store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom