Question for tractor guys, part deux.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I inherited the tractor and the fuel cans to fill it. The cans are for gas, with a correspondingly narrow tube in each.

The gas tank filler mouth is in an inconvenient location and is a chore to fill.

Other than buying a commercial tank/pump to haul in the truck, what do you use? To make it easier?

At this point, I'm thinking, a large funnel is the best I can hope for?

Thanks.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Atwoods or somewhere like that and get ya a couple of those race car fuel cans, the 5.5 gal. plastic cans with the long clear plastic tubes.

I did that and it’s working great for me, plus you can add an extension if the one that comes with it is still to short or awkward to get where ya need to.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
...those race car fuel cans, the 5.5 gal. plastic cans with the long clear plastic tubes.
1704506721061.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There near the end, my dad would buy off-road diesel by the 55 gallon drum, and he had a hand pump that threaded into the bunghole of the drum to pump the fuel into the tractor. I was going to get him a 12V-powered pump, but before I could do it, he got sick, and I lived too far away to make the drum-o-diesel a cost-effective option, so we went back to what we had been using before--the ubiquitous 5-gal yellow can.

It doesn't seem like it would be, but those yellow cans were actually more convenient to use. I could toss a couple of them in the bed of my truck when I left, then fill them up when I was on my way back to the farm, plus I could stop by the tractor that needed fuel when I got back.

If you're doing tillage on a big acreage, running a combine, and so forth, it doesn't make sense, but all of my tractors could do a hell of a lot of work on 5 gallons of diesel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom