Question for tractor guys, part deux.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 15 gallon aluminum beer keg , fitted a pickup pipe to the bottom of it. With a filler hose hooked to it. Pressurized air with a regulator.

Last edited:

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been using one of these for a few years. light enough to put in back of pickup empty, holds @25 gal. I backup to tractor and fill while its still in the truck bed. Heres the thing, the tag on it states remove from vehicle and place on the ground to fill. Mite bit weighty with 25 gal of fuel in it.

1704563030821.jpeg
1704563030821.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do the farmers do in your area when they need hundreds of gallons?
It's actually a good thing to have fuel trailers. Some of the fields can be 10 miles apart. It would take hours away from the equipment being in the field working to road back to the stationary tank to refill and road back to the field. Some of this equipment can do 160 acres in the time it takes to drive for fuel so it's in the interest of the farmer to have fuel readily available to increase productivity and reduce the amount of fuel required to road the equipment back and forth. Fuel trailers are a win.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually a good thing to have fuel trailers. Some of the fields can be 10 miles apart. It would take hours away from the equipment being in the field working to road back to the stationary tank to refill and road back to the field. Some of this equipment can do 160 acres in the time it takes to drive for fuel so it's in the interest of the farmer to have fuel readily available to increase productivity and reduce the amount of fuel required to road the equipment back and forth. Fuel trailers are a win.
I think most of the bigger time guys around me just use a in bed, behind the cab tank / pump combo and fill it from their home tank. Most of the fields are not to big closest to me, so they are in and out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most of the bigger time guys around me just use a in bed, behind the cab tank / pump combo and fill it from their home tank. Most of the fields are not to big closest to me, so they are in and out.
Our lesee does about 8000 acres scattered around here and there. Another that farms next to one of our places does well over 10,000 and there are others on this forum that know folks who farm more.
You have to keep that equipment moving when a big operation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom