IPads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... I opened my mouth and promised my wife an IPad for Christmas. What can you tell me about them? How/Where do I get a good deal? What is the cost on them? What size processor should I get? You know........ Anything you know about them PLEASE share. Thanks in advance.

Mike

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There isn't much to customize in terms of ipads. Much like the iphone it's more a matter of what color (black or white) and what size memory you want (16, 32 or 64 gb).

The other deciding factor for most people is whether they want Wi-Fi (standard) or Wi-Fi plus cellular data (both costs more and requires a monthly data plan from your cell provider). THe advantage of the cell data option is that she could be online anywhere she can get a data signal.

Deals will mostly be on refurbished or previous generation models, but some retailers might have deals.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd hold off a while until the 7.85" version is released. Have her try both out, and get her the one that she likes best.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good advice so far thanks.

I assume the more Gigs the higher the price? The better wifi the higher the price? What's a ball park cost on these little guys? Seems Like I am seeing them for around $700.00.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 16gig iPad for work, that's a little lite on storage, go with at least 32gb, as for deals new you are pretty much going to pay the same amount, even school district employees don't get a break like we do on MacBooks.

The new iPad aka iPad3 has a gorgeous display, I bought my wife one for her birthday this year, my work tablet is an iPad2 you can see the display difference.

As far as waiting for the 7.8" ipad meh I am not excited by a smaller iPad. The 10" form factor is perfect sized.

As for data it means an extra device to carry around but it allows my wife and I to surf from our laptops or for her to use her iPad or all our mobile devices at the same time we have a verizon 4G hotspot 5Gb of data $50 a month. For our lifestyle it's a better option than multiple single device plans.

I have even gamed over the hotspot a few times on business trips.

Work pays for my 3g ipad but before I made management all I had was a wifi only so the hotspot really worked well.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) go to apple.com
2) Choose your color
3) Choose wifi OR wifi + cellular
4) Choose your size (16, 32, 64)
5) Have it engraved at no extra charge. Chicks dig that :-)
6) Pay

Now Christmas shopping is done for you my man.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought one through Amazon. Wife loves it. Unless your wife plans on using it as a HUGE cell phone or wants to surf the Web while she's out and about you can save by getting a WiFi only. Note that using the tablet as a cell phone not only requires more money up front but a fairly expensive monthly connectivity subscription as well. 32GB over 64GB is another way to save. 16GB is a little anemic. They all run the same processor. The differences in price are for memory and connectivity. Not much more to say about them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom