IPads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neotim

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for the refurbs. All of my Apple purchases are refurbs. Go to Apple.com, click store, scroll down to the bottom and look for "Special Deals". Click Refurbished iPad

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought an iapd2 used for 275$ in march right when ipad3 came out. If I buy another, I would get the cheapest new iPad I can get with wi fi only. I only use my iPad at home in my own wireless network. I don't have a need for 3G/4g service, if I was a real estate agent and had to use my iPad all over town, it would be a different case. I don't save anything, so the smallest size of storage is okay with me. I'm not playing games or saving videos or songs, etc....for me the cheapest new iPad for 399 is the way to go if I was going to buy another. This ipad2 works so good I don't know when I'm going to need another.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of points on the wifi+3g (cellular) vs wifi only...

- It's $130 extra for cellular
- There are two cellular models, 1 for Verizon's network and 1 for ATT's network. ATT uses a SIM card. Data plans vary per network.
- You don't have to have a contract for the cell data. If you sign up, it continues to bill monthly until you turn it off (all done through the iPad).
- The cellular model has a GPS chip too. There are nav programs available at the app store with downloadable maps.

If your wife is just going to use it at home (like mine does), there's no need for the cellular model - particularly if she has a smartphone already. I use my ipad out and about, and have the cell model. It's really been handy on vacation where there might not be a wifi connection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom