Anyone know what these cables are for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received these from UPS probably around March or April and I don’t know why. I contacted the people who shipped them and they didn’t seem too concerned about getting them back. I left them on my porch for about a month with RETURN written on the box but UPS never picked them up. Anyway. What are they and are they worth anything? The connectors are stamped AMPHENAL and the wire is stamped TF Cable Controlflex. Thanks IMG_8348.jpeg
IMG_8349.jpeg
IMG_8350.jpeg
IMG_8353.jpeg
IMG_8352.jpeg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you already know, they’re Amphenol multi-pin connectors. They’re used to connect an electrical control box to whatever machine it’s controlling. I’ve seen them used on everything from multi-axis controllers to a “tool” for lack of a better word that sets the level/pitch on helicopter rotors. Clear as mud now right?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Those are olive drab...look exactly like Mil use cables. Regardless, you can count on those being worth north of $3000 apiece depending on use and length. What's the acceptance tag say?

The acceptance tag usually means that those are already paid for and were in secure storage prior to shipping. That's why the sender don't GAF. Tax dollars

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’
Those are olive drab...look exactly like Mil use cables. Regardless, you can count on those being worth north of $3000 apiece depending on use and length. What's the acceptance tag say?
I was about to make a similar comment about possibly being from military electronics. I saw such cables used for radio connections between transmitters and receivers or to teletype inputs/printers. Also used for control connections to multi-frequency antenna systems.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
They're on everything. A lot of the larger complicated Fires systems have those long cables like that, but usually more pins. Some of those are >$30K.

The pins don't look like gold so they might not be for complicated equipment, but looking at ho long they are, I bet they're >$10k at least. They should have some kind of circumferential tag on them as well with a nomenclature and maybe an NSN.

Latest posts

Top Bottom