Iphone Fails Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree Doc. The cracks clearly start at the volume down button. That's what mine look like when I drop them.

However. I think it's more likely that is just a stock photo for "cracked iPhone" than evidence that the story is true. Since it doesn't mention any reported cases of it happening. Just that apple is testing the possibilty.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh i'll stick with my droid. I'm not a fanboy for either side, they both have their place in my book. Droid customization and root-ability won me over the easy of use and simplicity of the iphone.

Still glass coating a phone sounded like a bad idea from the get go to me. I'm really nice to my phones but am active enough they still live a bit more rough and tumble than your avg office exec.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty funny Zombie, because I'm anything but a fanboy - I hate the Iphone - it's just that it happens to be the best thing going right now when inertia comes into play - but not nearly as good as it should be, and I'll be switching once there's a non-sony android ready for prime time. In other words, you don't know what you're talking about calling me a fanboy.

But it's patently obvious from the CRUSHING effect of the glass at the epicenter of the cracks starting, that the phone in the pic was ya know, CRUSHED by a heavy object, and that's what caused that particular set of cracks. It's hilarious that someone would put that pic with that allegation and think people are too stupid to figure it out (or maybe some people are - I dunno). As I said above:

Simple cracks from fractures don't result in dozens of cracks, getting more and more frequent as you lead to one epicenter, from a circular pattern, and don't result in clear crushing of the glass. Basic physics. So *IF* there is a design flaw, whoever is putting that crushed phone with that allegation is doing a disservice to the real issue of a possible design flaw, because almost no one is going to be fooled into thinking that scratches caused that many cracks. It shows that someone is attempting to deceive by mere association with the horrific pic.

In fact, just how stupid are the Gizmodo people? Look at this: That VERY page links to THIS page, which shows the exact same picture, along with a story about how some dude DROPPED his phone, describing it thusly:

So which is it, Gizmodo - is that cracking from the alleged weak back that cracks from scratches, as implied there, or is that pic the phone from the dude who dropped his onto concrete? Boy, that fraud sure didn't take long to expose.

I will stand corrected. I didn't study the photo to look closely but the fact that apple has pulled ALL cases that can potentially assist in the case is solid enough for me. If it is being treated as a design flaw I shall call it as such. Good investigative work but yes most likely stock photo.

The mere fact of it lacking enough seal to keep debris out while in a case is problem enough. They released a phone early, but it's funny when Microsoft does something as such or any other company they get blasted for it. Just sayin'

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be getting a droid when my contract is up or I can get out of it. Too many dropped calls and my iPhone has been the biggest POS phone I've ever owned. I used to be a fan, but the kool-aid only tastes good for so long. Then you start to get the real flavor.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
, but it's funny when Microsoft does something as such or any other company they get blasted for it. Just sayin'

(almost) Everything MS releases is released too early.
I think they might be getting better but I am still bitter about winME. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom