Iran: If attacked by Israel, we'll target U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess as long as you're thinking in some form of dog years, that 24 hours might be symbolic, otherwise I'd wager that you're grossly underestimating Iran. Iran isn't Iraq, a nation we already defanged in the early 90s, but still took 10 years to half-assedly control the 2nd time around. Not to mention we don't have the money to wage a war with them. Only a nuke strike could put a quick ending to a conflict there, and how ironic it would be of us to nuke a nation that has no nukes, but that we accuse of wanting one because they might be "dangerous".
I think you grossly underestimate our military powers. The current war we are in is absolutely no real example of what we can do to a country that threatens our soil. We have the strongest military force on the planet...period, its just a matter of what degree of asshatery we decide to unleash.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iran doesn't have to come onto the continental US to attack us. That isn't what they have in mind. Their attack will be aimed at our embassies and military bases operated on foreign soil. The targets are numerous. Obama won't do squat.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh. Ah, sorry! I forgot about that. Oh, Yukonjack, screw the aid. We should let those folks starve in the dark for while and they may come to their senses

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but Obama isn't going to let his brother Muslims starve. He'll take care of his own. And we aren't them.....

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see Iran reacting that way unless we actually do help Israel attack them. But assuming they do send missiles at our bases in the region, what is our response? Just hit them with bombs and missiles right back? That seems like about all we could pull off... well, maybe that and some special forces on the ground. But I don't see how we could invade and occupy them without reinstating the draft, and there's no way in hell that there is the political support for that (thank god).

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you grossly underestimate our military powers. The current war we are in is absolutely no real example of what we can do to a country that threatens our soil. We have the strongest military force on the planet...period, its just a matter of what degree of asshatery we decide to unleash.

I don't think I do. We have the strongest military force on the planet, but haven't decisively won but one major conflict since WWII (Gulf War 1). It's not those doing the actual fighting it's the leadership. The idea that the big, bad ole' U.S. will just come and drop a couple of bombs and scare the Iranians into surrender is asinine at best. We have the capability, but we won't use it. Our battles are as much (or more) political than actual fighting.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think I do. We have the strongest military force on the planet, but haven't decisively won but one major conflict since WWII (Gulf War 1). It's not those doing the actual fighting it's the leadership. The idea that the big, bad ole' U.S. will just come and drop a couple of bombs and scare the Iranians into surrender is asinine at best. We have the capability, but we won't use it. Our battles are as much (or more) political than actual fighting.

This last sentence is 100% correct....

Latest posts

Top Bottom