Is freedom of speech really worth potentially upsetting someone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is freedom of speech really worth potentially upsetting someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_31HAiwM.gif

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i like this concept. Spata should start a thread, no words allowed only pictures and GIFs can be used in response to previous pics and GIFs. Could be interesting and fun. There used to be more fun on this forum till everyone turned into a bunch of angry, argumentative, whiny old bastards.

Yep, and Spata is the GIF master.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i like this concept. Spata should start a thread, no words allowed only pictures and GIFs can be used in response to previous pics and GIFs. Could be interesting and fun. There used to be more fun on this forum till everyone turned into a bunch of angry, argumentative, whiny old bastards.

I REALLY LIKE your idea!

It might be fun.:D

Edit: Been out of internet range today, just trying to catch up.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, it just seems awfully presumptuous to think that a person with a smart azzed mouth or pen/typewriter/computer, etc but is speaking out with protection of the 1st Amendment won't have the physical means to defend themselves against someone who doesnt like what they're saying and is threatening them with physical violence if they say what they're about to say. To say go ahead and say what you want but you might get your azz kicked for saying it is presumptuous, and is akin to shutting down people with something to say by potentially bullying them quiet- the very opposite of the 1st Amendment. Maybe theyre just a bad azz with a smart azzed mouth and said what they had to say in a legal manner, and now you may have just picked the wrong person to try and shut up.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, it just seems awfully presumptuous to think a person with a smart azzed mouth or smart pen/typewriter/computer but is speaking out with protection of the 1st Amendment that they won't have the physical or legal means to defend themselves. To say go ahead and say what you want but you might get your azz kicked for saying it is presumptuous, and is akin to shutting down people with something to say by bullying them quiet. Maybe theyre just a bad azz with a smart azzed mouth, then you may have just picked the wrong person to try and shut up.

Lol, I know your posting with one, and this isn't anywhere about you, but one of the major problems on the internet, and comment sections of internet sites is the use of internet names, and not the posters real name.

It allows those that are 4'tall and weigh 600 lbs to come across as the badass tactical operator of the internet site they are on.

I would suggest that if posting on the internet required verification of a persons real name and not a screen name, the internet would die.

Am I wrong?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, I know your posting with one, and this isn't anywhere about you, but one of the major problems on the internet, and comment sections of internet sites is the use of internet names, and not the posters real name.

It allows those that are 4'tall and weigh 600 lbs to come across as the badass tactical operator of the internet site they are on.

I would suggest that if posting on the internet required verification of a persons real name and not a screen name, the internet would die.

Am I wrong?

Correct. Totally agree.

I post a lot on Facebook mostly in boxing groups and as you would imagine with a bunch of alpha male testosterone filled young boxers (not anything like a mannerly group of adults talking guns and defense, etc) it is just a complete zoo there most of the time with comments and confrontation going back and forth, its rather comical sometimes, and they do post their real names when calling each other out over the dumbest posts.

(And as you would know, I always give out my real name and location when trading PMs. Personal confrontations should always go to PMs IMO.).

Latest posts

Top Bottom