Is it legal for Security cameras in dressing rooms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry daddyof3, I agree that your statement did indeed make it sound as if you thought only prudes would be against this. I personally would probably twist someone's head right off their body if I found out there was a camera in the dressing room either I, my wife or my son had used. Same goes for bathrooms. I KNOW the bathroom thing was stuck down by the courts, I'd find it hard to believe the dressing room wasn't.

Maybe I'm a prude, or maybe I'm just a modest person, in terms of not being one who shows a lot of skin in public, doesn't pee at the communal horse trough in bathrooms (another afront to privacy I find disturbing), etc.

I'm with you ... somebody's head would roll. I'm no prude. In fact, I'm probably a pervert by some's definition, but cameras in dressing rooms and bathrooms crosses the line.

D

daddyof3_101

Like I said it was meant as a silly post and nothing more. I answered the OP with what I would do. Not what I would do if it was my children or wife. Perhaps modest would have been a better word to use than prude. But for now I hang my heard in shame and sit and ponder what my new forum nick should be. Since for now on I will be known as the guy that derailed the security cam thread. LOL

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said it was meant as a silly post and nothing more. I answered the OP with what I would do. Not what I would do if it was my children or wife. Perhaps modest would have been a better word to use than prude. But for now I hang my heard in shame and sit and ponder what my new forum nick should be. Since for now on I will be known as the guy that derailed the security cam thread. LOL

LOL ... well, that's better than being known as an uneducated racist because I wouldn't rent a gun to an non-citizen minor ... (me!!)

Or someone who'd give you one to the hip ... (Danny Tanner)

Or someone who has a thing for poop threads ... (TMC)

Good Lord, the list goes on and on ... You are, sir, in good company! Welcome to OSA!! ;)

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked loss prevention for a big department store while in college and we would move our cameras frequently to get a better eye on certain sections that were experiencing higher losses. We spent many late night hours moving and adjusting them so that there was no possible way for them to see into the dressing rooms. Our boss made it very clear to us that we could get in a lot of legal trouble if they could see in...he never said if it was criminal or civil. But from what I understood at the time it is illegal for anyone (business or individual) to video someone in the dressing room or bathroom or anywhere else that one could expect a reasonable amount of privacy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom