Is Rock-N-Roll Finally Dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dennishoddy said:
While I was at Leavenworth in the 70's , we could listen to an awesome rock station that played album rock. They would tell you to set the recorders for 9pm. They would only interrupt for the required station call sign. I still have several reel to reel recordings. Great station, but wonder if they are still around.

Currently into blues rock by some of the new and old artists like Kenny Wayne Shepard, BB King and his duets with Eric Clapton and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a cool thread. Earlier this week, I began toying with the idea of buying a vintage turntable and building a classic vinyl collection. Lots of albums still floating around out there and it would be a fun project.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a cool thread. Earlier this week, I began toying with the idea of buying a vintage turntable and building a classic vinyl collection. Lots of albums still floating around out there and it would be a fun project.

I would do it. I picked up a Technics SL-D2 on craigslist last year for $70, and it was worth every penny. I like it so much that I am seriously considering selling one of my other turntables, a much fancier entry level audiophile table that cost 5x as much.
I am buying all my new music on vinyl now. I haven't purchased a cd in three years or so. I prefer to find new LP's with a digital download, so I can have it in itunes, too. Lots of new vinyl comes with the digital download these days.
The best part, though, is the vast sea of existing vinyl out there. I have been going to Size Records in OKC, and there is an antique shop called "The Rink" that has a vendor that has thousands of old LP's of all different sorts. I have gotten all kinds of good stuff there, and most of them start at about $2 in good condition.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Craigslist, dude. I got my Pioneer table, receiver, and (useless) tape deck for $50, all still in the original boxes from the 70's. A new cartridge and some rebuilt Altecs from the local speaker shop and I had a complete setup for dirt cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom