Is Rock-N-Roll Finally Dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was at Leavenworth in the 70's , we could listen to an awesome rock station that played album rock. They would tell you to set the recorders for 9pm. They would only interrupt for the required station call sign. I still have several reel to reel recordings. Great station, but wonder if they are still around.

I believe that was KY102, which is the station I grew up listening to. This is where I get most of what I originally started this post from. This station was awesome when I was coming up. We could count on great music throughout the day, some bad ones mixed in, but generally listenable. This was before all the Interweb stuff so we also got all our news, local goings-on, and concert info. Great DJ's who became local celebreties to us all. Album rock on weekend nights and no repeat Tuesdays...ahhh, the good 'ole days!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For you metal guys, metal is probably more metal than metal ever was]

Ridge nailed it
While what I consider Rock seems to be thinning, Metal is doing nothing but growing.
With bands like COC, Down, Slayer and MegaDeth (still hammering away), Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, Fear Factory, Kingdom of Sorrow and Lamb Of God..... It just keeps getting better
Hell Testament's last album was really cool (I really like Eric Peterson and Skolnick)

As far as Rock goes, band like The Sword and maybe even Black Stone Cherry (I saw them open up for Black Label) arnt bad at all.

But to the original ?
Hell No Rock Ain't Dead

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rush, Van Halen, etc are still putting out music. Then there are modern retro groups like The Black Keys and others. Rock isn't dead,just invaded by pop and metal and Nickelback.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. It was supposed to be freakin' R.L. Burnside that opened. Drinkin' from his plastic baby doll and everything. R.I.P.

Come to think, it was just Doo Rag.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. It was supposed to be freakin' R.L. Burnside that opened. Drinkin' from his plastic baby doll and everything. R.I.P.

Come to think, it was just Doo Rag.

It's been a while. I am mixing up some of my opening acts. I think Royal Trux actually opened for Pavement at the same venue.

I actually got to see R.L. Burnside play VZD's sometime around that era, not sure if it was before or after the Jon Spencer show. Touring on "A Ass Pocket of Whiskey". Awesome. I lifted a glass with the man, and for that I feel privileged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom