Is Rock-N-Roll Finally Dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
97.5, 104.5, 93.5, 103.3, 99.5

i like 93.5 but wish they played more stuff like Cream, The Zombies, The Kinks, and stuff like that.
I also wish Tulsa had a true old country station. 99.5 says they are but i only consider about 25% of the stuff they play "old"

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as rock-in-roll is in your soul, it will never be dead.........

Thank you, and you are correct. Now, how did Rock get on this thread about Rock and Roll, I grew up in 50's and 60's with KOMA. Well we have a 60's reunion Labor Day and we have Ronnie Kaye entertaining on Saturday evening. Just sayin'.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line I slipped out of most radio stations' demographic. I'm finding myself very set in my ways and when I do listen to music it's the same classics I've been listening to for years. Most of the time I listen to KRMG talk radio because yes, it's true, I've become the crotchety old bastard I never dreamed I would be.

:Heya:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line I slipped out of most radio stations' demographic. I'm finding myself very set in my ways and when I do listen to music it's the same classics I've been listening to for years. Most of the time I listen to KRMG talk radio because yes, it's true, I've become the crotchety old bastard I never dreamed I would be. :Heya:

:P You and GC ... :lookaroun

:rotflmao:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that consumers are able to squirrel away into narrower musical niches now, thanks to the proliferation of technology. Radio is just the mass-market crap.

There's still good stuff around. A guy at work plays this song a lot. The rest of this guy's music isn't good, that I've found, but I think this particular track is awesome.

Also check out Muse. Start with "Uprising"

Last edited by a moderator:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sbeebe said:
First off I'll preface this with saying that I'm in Kansas City, I listen to local radio here. When I was in Oklahoma City for a few years, a few years ago, I had Sirius and listened to that. Therefore, I cannot speak of what's playing on your local stations down there or your local music scene. This is my take on being a married 40-something who no longer goes to bars, watches TV, listens to radio and the news, and occasionally catches an old rock group (such as Rush) touring.

I think rock is officially dead. Sure we can still listen to the oldies station such as 101 The Fox here in KC and hear all the good 'ole rock. But I used to be able to listen to 98.9 The Rock and hear some new stuff. Now all they play, over and over and over is Aerosmith and Nickelback :puke: I don't believe I've heard one decent rock song put out this Millenia. I know some of you will come up with bands I've never heard of and such. Why am I not hearing of them if they're so good? Why are there no commercially viable rock bands anymore? And please don't say Aerosmith, they make me sick. I used to like them until I heard Jamie's Got a Gun and The Other Side 10 quintillion times on the radio. I'm sure none of you will mention that Canadian group (not speaking of Rush). I'm sure there are good bands out there if I put some work into it...I want to be able to turn on my radio and hear the DJ work to make me happy.

OK, I know that got a little ranty there, but I would like to know if anyone else feels the same way.

While I was at Leavenworth in the 70's , we could listen to an awesome rock station that played album rock. They would tell you to set the recorders for 9pm. They would only interrupt for the required station call sign. I still have several reel to reel recordings. Great station, but wonder if they are still around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom