Is the pistol brace ban ever going to happen???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter to me. Pistol braces are dumb......

I used to think that too. For a long time. But after seeing the atf rule, back up, change their mind, then relent again I realized something... The rule that created the need for them is dumber. American ingenuity overcame the unconstitutional overstep of the NFA. It's practically a tea party you can mount on every firearm.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to think that too. For a long time. But after seeing the atf rule, back up, change their mind, then relent again I realized something... The rule that created the need for them is dumber. American ingenuity overcame the unconstitutional overstep of the NFA. It's practically a tea party you can mount on every firearm.
Your logic is making it really hard to ruffle feathers here......

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why that law passed here is so disappointing. It implicitly states that the NFA is constitutional, and that creates an extremely dangerous precedent. Namely because that's obviously not true, but also because it undermines the one and only legal defense for nullifying future laws. I.e. if the NFA is okay, so too must all other gun laws be. Our legislators need to get off their asses and actually start nullifying federal gun laws THAT ALREADY EXIST.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why that law passed here is so disappointing. It implicitly states that the NFA is constitutional, and that creates an extremely dangerous precedent. Namely because that's obviously not true, but also because it undermines the one and only legal defense for nullifying future laws. I.e. if the NFA is okay, so too must all other gun laws be. Our legislators need to get off their asses and actually start nullifying federal gun laws THAT ALREADY EXIST.

It has been ruled on at least once, in part, by the Supreme Court. I don’t agree with their decision.

“In Miller v. United States, 307 U.S. 174, 59 S.Ct. 816, 83 L.Ed. 1206 (U.S.Ark. 1939), two men were charged with transferring a double barrel 12-gauge shotgun in violation of the NFA. A federal district court quashed the indictment, ruling that the NFA did indeed violate the Second Amendment. But the Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, disagreed.”

Read more: National Firearms Act of (1934) - Further Readings - Control, Gun, Nfa, and Tax - JRank Articles https://law.jrank.org/pages/8725/National-Firearms-Act-1934.html#ixzz6wM1iZoNQ

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been ruled on at least once, in part, by the Supreme Court. I don’t agree with their decision.

“In Miller v. United States, 307 U.S. 174, 59 S.Ct. 816, 83 L.Ed. 1206 (U.S.Ark. 1939), two men were charged with transferring a double barrel 12-gauge shotgun in violation of the NFA. A federal district court quashed the indictment, ruling that the NFA did indeed violate the Second Amendment. But the Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, disagreed.”

Read more: National Firearms Act of (1934) - Further Readings - Control, Gun, Nfa, and Tax - JRank Articles https://law.jrank.org/pages/8725/National-Firearms-Act-1934.html#ixzz6wM1iZoNQ
Our founders, not surprisingly, told us exactly what it was time to do when the courts started making those kinds of rulings. There's NOTHING in the social contract in this country that requires us to accept anything the government comes up with, "legal" or not. They exist at our discretion, not the other way around.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The problem was that Miller died before it went to the SCOTUS, and since he had no lawyer no one showed up to defend his side and the SCOTUS ruled in favor. Since then no one has really challenged it and/or SCOTUS has refused to accept another case like that while all the lower courts use Miller v. US.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
doesn't matter weather i like braces or not. the atf should not change a rule after the fact.
That's the thing though they didn't. This isn't the hill to die on. We need to attack the NFA directly, at a state level, with an extreme ferocity. By playing this "I'm not touching you" game with the NFA we're only playing their game by their rules and further legitimizing it. They've been playing us since day one with these, and they're now using them as a distraction from the meat and potatoes of the issue, which is that the NFA is totally illegal on many different levels and could easily be nullified by the states if they had the will to do it. And the will to do it stems from the demands of their voters, which stems from awareness of the issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom