Is this it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess that depends on who you consider "us"(and how bad it really gets). My parents were children during the Great Depression, the experiences/memories influenced how they lived later which influenced me to some extent. I heard some stories, call us fortunate, lucky, blessed, or whatever it's something that should be recognized because it can help your perception and outlook which can make a difference in how you do handle tough spots.
All the old people I grew up around survived the depression, dust storms, WWII rationing and a dozen oil booms and bust. I learned how to get by from them.
Screw the democrats
"You gotta be tough to live like this"

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the old people I grew up around survived the depression, dust storms, WWII rationing and a dozen oil booms and bust. I learned how to get by from them.
Screw the democrats
"You gotta be tough to live like this"
Yep. My mom got the Scarlet Fever real young, almost killed her and left her weakened to a degree. Just a couple of years after that she was picking cotton, the family were share croppers, what they had to do to get by. Her eldest brother left home his junior year of high school, he was the handsome BMOC and football star, he went to the CC camp to be able to send money home for the family/younger kids. They talked about it sometimes, they said it was hard at times but they didn't whine, cry, or B**** about it. They weren't real prideful either, just said they did what they could/needed to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom