Is this real or not? You decide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks real to me and sounds plausible under just the right circumstances.

If it's fake, they did a helluvajob making it look real.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to say no....

here is a youtube video showing the guy doing several shots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZlciP6gUQ

How did the bullet magically show up a few feet in the other direction they were firing and happened to not be in the camera frame. I think maybe they have a fake bullet attached to a motor that spins and stuck it in the ice.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did the bullet magically show up a few feet in the other direction they were firing and happened to not be in the camera frame. I think maybe they have a fake bullet attached to a motor that spins and stuck it in the ice.

I can explain everything but the spinning - they shot at the ice, solid layers of ice it hit and ricocheted up and landed a little bit away. Not uncommon for something like that to occur. However when it landed nose down spinning as such I can not explain that, especially spinning as long as it did.

mythbusters will be testing apparently and will be able to hit it with a high speed camera from multiple angles and have a lot more funding.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

He picks it up after it stops spinning at 1.28.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it is in the camera frame. If you watch it closely, or download an analyze in slomo, you'll see the shot, impact, debris splatter and the bullet move to the position three or so feet closer than the impact.
I went over it two dozen times. it's weird. I still can't believe it, but the footage looks good.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, not to be a killjoy, but all I see is a blatant disregard for safety. Why not just stand in front of a concrete wall and shoot it too?
I had the exact same thought while watching it. Evidently, the way they act is that they know the bullet will ricochet "somewhere". I'm thinking, "do you really want to stand near a ricochet of any kind?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom