Is your 22 a literal nail driver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to have fun with a buddy, we would set up our targets and go back to the bench. I'd shoot and he'd talk **** because I didn't have hits....then 4 shots later his target would fall off. He went to hang it back up, and it happened again. THEN he realized I was shooting his staples. He wasn't as amused as I was.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to have fun with a buddy, we would set up our targets and go back to the bench. I'd shoot and he'd talk **** because I didn't have hits....then 4 shots later his target would fall off. He went to hang it back up, and it happened again. THEN he realized I was shooting his staples. He wasn't as amused as I was.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Have a Ruger 10/22 Sporter with a Leupold 1.5x4 (?) that I dropped a Ruger BX Trigger in and a Ruger HB with a Leupold 2x7 RF that are both “nail drivers”. Also have a Bergara BMR that I just got a few months ago that is insanely accurate. Didn’t use the Bergara base that is 30 MOA but used Talley ring mounts. Have a Leupold 2x7 RF on it too.

Kind of got away from shooting 22’s over the last few years. Really enjoying the range time with them now.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Offhand 15 ft. rapid fire.

1711921812908.jpeg

OkieShutr

Marksman
Reaction score
Years ago I worked at Otasco and was able to purchase a Marlin Glenfield using my employee discount. It was a true tack driver. The only problem was it jammed about every 3rd or 4th shot.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a whim my range buddies and I all made "nail" targets,,,
We used 1.5" nails and drove all but 1/2" of them into 2 x 4 boards.

Then we tried to drive the rest of the nail in with one shot,,,
If we hit it on the edge and bent it over,,,
That wasn't a "driven nail".

My best was three driven nails out of ten at 50 yards,,,
I bent several of the nails quite often,,,
But rarely "drove" them in.

We later tried for Dead Presidents,,,
Super Glue a shiny new penny to a board,,,
And try to hit Lincoln's image squarely on the head.

We only counted very clean head shots as "Hits".

Aarond

OkieShutr

Marksman
Reaction score
My Dad said when he was young he and his brothers used to push empty .22 cases part way into the huge stump in front of the house and shoot them in. I've seen some of the holes with cases buried in them. I have that old model 4 Remington rolling block. Grandpa's gun, 5 brothers with my Dad being the youngest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom