Islam - What draws people to it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
*******BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING DISCLAIMER***************

No. Biblically speaking, sex is meant for a married man and woman for the purpose of reproduction. Since there will be no married couples or need for reproduction, there will probably be no need for sex. The love and joy shared in heaven will more than compensate the one earthly desire considerably.

Agreed as well based also on my understanding....................also, based on my understanding of Mormaism, it's not considered Christianity either(not trying to ruffle feathers, I've got several great friends who are Mormans)

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed as well based also on my understanding....................also, based on my understanding of Mormaism, it's not considered Christianity either(not trying to ruffle feathers, I've got several great friends who are Mormans)

I know only a few Mormons. I think they would strongly consider themselves Christian. However, I am not sure they subscribe fully to the Apostles' Creed.

On the original topic, I am not sure what draws modern people to Islam. Many of the radicals are converting in the prisons.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a roomate once in Oakland CA when I was going to school who was a poet, and he was a black Muslim. Big dude, was an ex pro football player, we met at the gym and he was looking to rent a room and I happened to have one open at my place. He did not fit in well with my beer drinking surfer buddies but was a pretty chill guy, not at all radical, very easy going, intelligent, sat around and smoked alot of pot listening to old Billy Holiday and jazz records while he studied. I tried to read his Quran a few times as it was always on the coffee table but it was not at all like the Bible or other religious books I had read. I may not have spent enough time with it tho. Very confusing religion or whatever it is.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
“What draws people to Islam” no doubt ranges from the complicated (frustrations, guilt, anger) to the simple (convenience, born into it).

If the question is “what draws Islam to violence”, that is not complicated.

The “true believer” takes the hate speech that is in the Quran very literally. They are simply practicing what they have been told to believe and to do. To this, they cannot argue or negotiate the will of Allah because to go against the “five pillars” means getting your head lopped off.

The violence and jihad bender we see courtesy Islam is a rerun. It has been going on for almost 1,400 years and it is not going unless the next “Crusade” is a little more efficient than the last one.

WWIIDigger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Folks tend to flow to an area that gives them greater flexibility and eases their self blame. As mentioned above, prisoners tend to change religion. Why would one want to stay in a religion that punishes you for your wrongs? Hey-just just change your religion--its not wrong over there!! And everyone that doesn't believe in it are infidels. One of the two (or more) sides of Islam is wrong?? The ancestors of these folks fought in wars constantly, and to this day. Its difficult to pray for peace when there practically has never been any. But pray to who you must.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you come to the end of the road and there is a fork in the road and a dead man (Mohammed) tells you to take the left fork and a live man (Jesus) tells you to take the road on the right, which one are you going to listen to-a dead man or a live one?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if the question is serious, then the answer is simple(and the same for every religion).......salvation. you can harp and poke fun at and ridicule a religion that is not your own just like millions to do your religion, but at the end of the day, people join for salvation. /thread

Latest posts

Top Bottom