It's on!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BTW, pending other Match Director approval, we have 6 stages drawn up..

Stage1, Shotgun. 14 Birdshot and 4 slugs
Stage2, Rifle, 30 Rounds
Stage3, 3 guns, 14 Rifle, 14 Pistol and 12 Birdshot
Stage4, Shotgun/Pistol, 9 Birdshot and 32 pistol
Stage5, Pistol, 25 Pistol
Stage6, Rifle/Shotgun, 44 Rifle, 18 Birdshot, 4 Slugs
Total
53 Birdshot
8 Slugs
88 Rifle
71 Pistol

The stages are not overly complicated but should allow for some quick times and a few speed bumps. If anyone has shot Rocky Mountain, they know all about the mini targets. We have them in Classic and Metric. I will post my madness when/if the other MD's approve the stages..

Mike

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This event just keeps sounding better and better! I want to say thanks to everyone involved for being so accommodating with the newbs like myself. I can't wait!

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, Jesse said 2 ar mags. One stage calls for 44 rifle, so should one have at least one 20 & one 30 or two 30 rounders? Also what distance should our rifles be zeroed for, both for 223 & 308 & what distance for the shotgun slugs?

Thanks,

Philip

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I always like to carry another magazine in case one messes up. I like the P-Mag with the Nordic extension that makes it a 48 rounder, but 2 30's should do the trick.. The farthest shots we will have at this match in October will be ~50 yards, but they will be a bit tight. I plan on using half size IPSC targets. Most of the shots, rifle and slug will be in the 25-35 yard range..

Maybe I should have done this at the beginning. My gear is;

Rifle - Home built AR-15 with various components inside. Iron sights sighted in at 300 yards (50 yards too) P-Mag's with Nordic Components extensions to make them 48 rounders. The Wilderness magazine holder. I will be shooting cheap Monarch steel cased 55gr .223.

Shotgun - Benelli M1-Super90 22" barrel with a Nordic Components 6 round extension. Light modified choke. California Competition Works 6-shell holders. Wal-Mart Federal 100 round value packs of 7 1/2 multi-purpose loads and Federal Tru-Ball low-recoil Tactical Slugs

Pistol - Benny Hill built SVI in .40 S&W. Uncle Mikes double magazine holders. Shooting reloads with 180 grain Black Bullets on 4.8 grains of Winchester WST.

If you have any questions on setup or where to get some gear, let me know..

Mike

Latest posts

Top Bottom