It's Your Time To Shine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Whether or not you agree with those published beliefs is up to you, but I’m still not seeing how that is “militant”. To me it seems like you simply don’t agree with their stance and again, that is totally up to you. But just because a group fights for beliefs that are different from yours, or even VERY different doesn’t mean they are a militant or violent group. It’s all too easy to see the riots on TV that happen in the wake of peaceful protests and think that they must be related or even causal because what is being protested is far outside your world view.

What I read from that website is marginalized people wanting freedom, the same as everyone else. Regardless of being trans, black, in a non traditional family, female, or whatever you are.

To tie this back in to the original post: the second amendment applies to everyone, and I think those of us who support that right are much better off welcoming anyone to the table.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To tie this back in to the original post: the second amendment applies to everyone, and I think those of us who support that right are much better off welcoming anyone to the table.

+1... I'd arm every liberal at every point on their spectrum. A nation at odds about everything political yet in agreement on gun rights. Sure would be hard for them to vote for anti-gunners.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1... I'd arm every liberal at every point on their spectrum. A nation at odds about everything political yet in agreement on gun rights. Sure would be hard for them to vote for anti-gunners.
I'd give em all hand grenades. When they throw them at us we pick em up, pull the pins and throw them back.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whether or not you agree with those published beliefs is up to you, but I’m still not seeing how that is “militant”. To me it seems like you simply don’t agree with their stance and again, that is totally up to you. But just because a group fights for beliefs that are different from yours, or even VERY different doesn’t mean they are a militant or violent group. It’s all too easy to see the riots on TV that happen in the wake of peaceful protests and think that they must be related or even causal because what is being protested is far outside your world view.

What I read from that website is marginalized people wanting freedom, the same as everyone else. Regardless of being trans, black, in a non traditional family, female, or whatever you are.

As I said, I agree with you on supporting minorities and the 2a, if that's all the march was about, but their demands had nothing to do with 2A.
Even if you believe none of the BLM folks were rioting, killing cops, and looting, I call "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure" millitant.
And just last night someone high up in BLM called for all statues of white jesus to be torn down.

In my book that's militant.
And I believe some BLM folks have killed cops and looted, it's just hard to tell them from the anarchists and lost white kids.

I have no problem with minorities speaking up, I just don't hear any unifying message in their actions or tone.

Our opinions may differ, and that's ok.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course 2A rights are for everyone and if they'd kept the focus to that I would have been there, but I don't support the larger BLM agenda as I understand it.

Plain and simple. The BLM agenda end game, underneath the surface, is to have the US to return to its pre 1865 legal slave ownership policies, except with blacks as the slave owners... that's the end game. This current BLM action is just a small skirmish in a much larger war, sad as that may be.

Funny thing about power, it truly is unaffected by race. Blacks abuse it just as much as whites do, when power is achieved. Race isnt really the issue until both parties make it so.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I somewhat agree with this, but gun owners are not exempt from evil actions. Yes, it would be great if everyone was in agreement with 2A, but it would be even better if we could just get folks to understand the concept of private property and not taking what someone else has just because you want it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think she retired fairly recently, maybe within the last five or six years; she said her husband is still with the Secret Service and still has his personal liability insurance. (FWIW, I don’t think that’s exactly what she called it.)

She was with the Secret Service’s office in NYC on 9/11, and was actually in their office at 7 World Trade Center when the first plane hit, and on the ground outside the WTC when the towers fell. She tells the story on the Cleared Hot podcast, and it’s an amazing story that she tells very well.

I'm sure professional liability insurance for a USSS agent on the POTUS detail is substantially cheaper than for say, a night shift beat officer in the hood on a major metro PD.

Militant how? Black Lives Matter is not even one organization, it’s basically a cause that local activist groups organize around. You’re painting with a broad brush there.

You might think that, but you'd be wrong:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/?__cf_...zE1fVkuYG62aZ5-53uvlqC2Yi-gcqmCHXgAbee1otu3bM

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation (BLM Global Network Foundation), a US nonprofit global organization active in the US, UK, and Canada is grateful for the generosity and support of donors and is pleased to announce a $6.5 million fund to support grassroots organizing work.

While they utilize 4GW TTP's to maximize their impact, they have a professional base of operations with the financial support of billionaire donors, along with on-demand legal teams to support grass-roots efforts around the country. At the very heart of their movement is a traditional Marxist core.

https://www.aim.org/special-report/reds-exploiting-blacks-the-roots-of-black-lives-matter/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...e-blm-radical-neo-marxist-political-movement/

That's not to say that local grassroots orgs are also Marxist. That likely depends on the unique makeup of each local branch. Just understand that they'll be taking cues from the national org and that org will definitely be pushing Marxist ideology, even if it's not marked as such.

That being said, I fully support the 2A rights of this or any organization. I support the basic public premise of BLM, which is police reform. After all, the same officers that Statist politicians use to suppress their rights, are the same officers they'd use to suppress our rights. The only difference between Breonna Taylor and Duncan Lemp is the color of their skin.

I just don't support all the other "reforms" they've attached to their platform, which is a leftist political movement shrouded in racial justice. Everyone is free to decide for themselves, but it's hard for me as a 2A supporter to go march with them when I disagree with that much of their platform. I have to compartmentalize my support and that's tough to do in a crowd.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes. You are absolutely free to not agree with methods some people employ for a cause. My main point is that to support Black Lives Matter does not make you militant just because some are.

At the core Black Lives Matter is about equality and about taking a look at why a certain segment of the population is disproportionately targeted by police. I support that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom