It's Your Time To Shine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any sympathy or good wishes for BLM and their marches evaporated when i saw the looting, burning of cars, attacks on innocent people because of they were unable to defend themselves and were of a different color. Bottom line is that I saw hate and anger and I want no part of hatred nor the anger. But I am involved, I pay federal taxes and a portion of what pay goes toward restoration of what the protestors damage. No group has a monoply on being ill treated or unwarranted maltreatment by the police..

Last edited:

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any sympathy or good wishes for BLM and their marches evaporated when i saw the looting, burning of cars, attacks on innocent people because of they were unable to defend themselves and were of a different color. Bottom line is that I saw hate and anger

BLM has absolutely ZERO to do with being treated differently because you are black !

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought this was about the shine your boots comment by the person at the top of the pecking order at Chic Fil A.

I don't believe I have a single pair of shoes that could be shined. Like, none of them... but I have a ton of crocs, and I put some time into those bad boys before realizing I could just toss em in the wash.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't doubt that honestly. Secret Service and LE on a local level are two completely different exposures. I don't know when she retired, but I'd almost guarantee the Professional Liability environment has changed since then as well. They exclude more and more every year, making us buy it back.

The demand is definitely there though. Lots of officers would sign up IMO, IF, and I say IF the coverage is good and at a reasonable price.
I think she retired fairly recently, maybe within the last five or six years; she said her husband is still with the Secret Service and still has his personal liability insurance. (FWIW, I don’t think that’s exactly what she called it.)

She was with the Secret Service’s office in NYC on 9/11, and was actually in their office at 7 World Trade Center when the first plane hit, and on the ground outside the WTC when the towers fell. She tells the story on the Cleared Hot podcast, and it’s an amazing story that she tells very well.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't doubt that honestly. Secret Service and LE on a local level are two completely different exposures. I don't know when she retired, but I'd almost guarantee the Professional Liability environment has changed since then as well. They exclude more and more every year, making us buy it back.

The demand is definitely there though. Lots of officers would sign up IMO, IF, and I say IF the coverage is good and at a reasonable price.

Yea that environment seems to be degrading by the day. Maybe after November we’ll see if it reverses but there’s no way I’d underwrite a policy like this right now. Perhaps in certain locales but no way in blue parts of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my mind BLM is way more militant.
Of course 2A rights are for everyone and if they'd kept the focus to that I would have been there, but I don't support the larger BLM agenda as I understand it.

Militant how? Black Lives Matter is not even one organization, it’s basically a cause that local activist groups organize around. You’re painting with a broad brush there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom