I've got hunting fever!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I never understood my husband's excitement and anxiousness as summer rolls around and getting ready for the upcoming hunting season. The last few years I have only rifle hunted with him, and it was a "if I have the time I will go" sort of attitude.

I now fully understand what he goes through. I can not wait until the upcoming deer season. I want to be out now!! (maybe minus the heat) The more hunting shows we watch in the evening, the more I want to be out there. I am trying really hard to be able to bow hunt with him, so I have more time out in the woods. I will only hog and deer hunt with him though. I have no desire to dove hunt, and his duck hunting days are over.

Also, I am upset that he left me out when he and his brother put in for their controlled hunts. Really!!! Did he really think I would not want to go. I thought about putting in for my own just for spite, but I really do not want to be hunting without him. I like that it is time he and I can enjoy together--until the kiddos get a bit older, then it will be a family affair!

Maybe this year I will actually be able to shoot my first deer. I did have my chance last year, but froze up and used the excuse that since she was on my right and I am right handed, I could not get my gun around and take the shot. She was only about 30 yards away and looking staight at me. Will just wish for better luck this year.

:woohoo1:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been hunting fo 40 plus years, just finishing a new deer blind, and putting in food plots. I still get just as excited today as back when starting. It's my addiction :D

AnnieOakley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, another female hunter, yay! :Heya:

I am SO ready for deer season! Last year was my first year, and I shot an 8 pointer on my first day out. I've been obsessed ever since. My step-dad gave me a black powder rifle for Christmas so I can get two bucks this year, and I cannot wait! Only 113 days until black powder season!

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will be my first deer season in 5 years. I'm sooooo looking forward to getting back out there again. And this time, it will be with my new AR. Can't wait to see people's faces. LOL

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure am glad I am not the only one who get's "sick" in the summer. I make it a point to be in the woods on October 1 with the bow just for my own sanity more than anything else... Even if it is 90 degrees........
Good luck to all.

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So glad others know the feeling! So ready!!

My husband and I need to work on the food plots. A friend has 80+ acres wooded/old horse pasture--un-hunted until last year. We talk and talk about going out there to set up the food plots, but we never make it out. Guess that will be our project after vacation.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bowhunted regularly, it was a fever! I would read any and every magazine all year long about bowhunting, record and watch any show I could, and then take a month and a half off from work to bowhunt. I loved being out in the woods. I was obsessed with it. Probably why I'm on wife number 3 now.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to spend this weekend working over my tractor to get it ready to put in food plots. I don't want to tow it to Pond Creek just to have it break down while trying to put in some plots. I have been shooting the bow every day. It takes a long time to get any good with a recurve and I am still not great.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will be my first deer season in 5 years. I'm sooooo looking forward to getting back out there again. And this time, it will be with my new AR. Can't wait to see people's faces. LOL

I hunted with Two different AR's last year. I sure got some heads turned when they came out of the guncase. They didn't have much to say when my evil black guns outshot their custom rifles.
Couple of them swollowed their pride, and actually asked to shoot them. As usual, they got big smiles on their faces when done.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom