I've got hunting fever!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bowhunted regularly, it was a fever! I would read any and every magazine all year long about bowhunting, record and watch any show I could, and then take a month and a half off from work to bowhunt. I loved being out in the woods. I was obsessed with it. Probably why I'm on wife number 3 now.

You just need a wife that will hunt with you. I did not grow up in a family that hunted. I was more of a tree-hugger--save the whales type of girl. Hated guns and swore I would never drive a truck. Then I married a guy in Air Force Security Forces that hunted regularily. At first, I would go out and sit nearby while he hunted. Now I enjoy the sport with him! I even own MY own rifle and drive a truck! My truck even has a Bone Collector sticker on the back. Yes, the outdoor channel is almost permanently fixed on our tv at home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wish my wife would hunt with me.
She doesn't object to me hunting at all, nor buying guns if needed, but, I can't get her to even take a pic of me and a deer.
She says she is not into Dead Things.
She will eat the venison though, but only if she doesn't see the deer it came from.
Its just something I have to live with.

Reaction score
The sickness *really* starts to kick in once those controlled hunt results come in - if you ARE drawn, you get pumped about that. If you're not, you get mad (or I do at least), and so start thinking about all the alternative places to hunt, plotting & planning...

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just need a wife that will hunt with you. I did not grow up in a family that hunted. I was more of a tree-hugger--save the whales type of girl. Hated guns and swore I would never drive a truck. Then I married a guy in Air Force Security Forces that hunted regularily. At first, I would go out and sit nearby while he hunted. Now I enjoy the sport with him! I even own MY own rifle and drive a truck! My truck even has a Bone Collector sticker on the back. Yes, the outdoor channel is almost permanently fixed on our tv at home.

Well, congratulations to you both. It's not often we can win over a "tree-hugger" to our way of thinking. Kind of funny, I was in the Air Force Security Police back in the late 70's. My current wife is all for hunting, in fact, she became a hunter education instructor and helped me with classes. She just doesn't want to pull the trigger, so I respect that.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The sickness *really* starts to kick in once those controlled hunt results come in - if you ARE drawn, you get pumped about that. If you're not, you get mad (or I do at least), and so start thinking about all the alternative places to hunt, plotting & planning...

+1
I did a lot of cussing last year when I didn't get drawn. I guess I have some feeling of entitlement when it comes to the wildlife department.

I'd better draw out this year or else!:finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom