IWB Carry Position

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Four-o-clock or just behind the right hip bone. Loosen your belt a bit, shove the holster in there, support that kidney. I try to keep in mind it isn't supposed to be comfortable, but comforting. I've found shorter barrel/slide models minimize the numb butt syndrome. Glock 19 for the last two years is working for me.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4-o-clock seems just right. And very popular too. I guess that's the best for right handed people because it hides the grip of the gun in the small of your back? I don't have my CCL yet, so I'm just trying to get some opinions

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was carrying my Kahr pm40 at about 12:30. Very comfortable and deep concealment.

One of the reasons I posted this was to see if anyone carried around 12 o clock. The thugs in movies do, I didn't know if people really did that. It feels comfortable, but I'd be kinda worried about it being pointed *there*

I understand the "deep concealment" part though, it's really easy to hide there.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have a decent tagua (I think) holster that rides pretty low and I usually keep it a little right of the twig and giggle berrys. I wouldn't suggest mexican carry to anyone, but with a holster, the position is nice.

benschne

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
where it feels good to you................

This is spot on. Just get a holster and the gun you intend to carry and wear and adjust unil it feels the "best". Like others have said, don't expect it to be more comfortable than not carrying, but you get used to it.

BTW I carry mine at 4:00. This is the most comfortable for me with both my PM40 and Glock 23. This position also prints the least for me and the draw fits my body mechanics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom