What type of action do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite pistol action is DA/SA hammer fired with a safety and a decocker (like a V1 HK USP), but it is hard to find that in a carry sized gun. I have a Springfield XDE that I like because of that action, but these days I find myself going back to my M&P 9c quite often. It isn't much wider, is actually a little shorter, and holds 12 rounds instead of 8 in the XDE. I still have a thumb safety on my M&P though.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer SA/DA with manual safety. Not a fan of decocking but they don’t deter me either. Have a striker fire as well but no option to double strike a primer for immediate action.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
88 Magnum of Course

iu

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would bet I have carried less than 15 hours in my entire life.
Not counting the time out hunting.
I carry a NAA single action .22 mag revolver, on a neck chain, and have done so for the last 35 years, if going into town, state fair, movie theater, school event , I carry a 43x and have at least 3 mags.
In my truck I carry a uberti 1858 revolving .44, BP carbine, or an old beater 30-30.

Josh P

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 380 with an extended mag for grip. Feels closer to my 17 in the hand that way and shoot similar but fits in my front pocket.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M-Sat Hellcat Pro with TLR and Shield RMSc IWB 3 oclock with spare mag on opp side
Sun Hellcat IWB 3 oclock

If I am awake, I carry, if i am asleep, its within arms length.

Over the years I have had several different daily carry guns, but I carried every day, for over 20 years now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom