James Harden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have grown to trust Sam Presty. I think he is a cap guru and everytime I get upset about something the Thunder has done it proves out to be the smart thing. Besides, Harden was great to have around and fun to watch but I think me, him and a dead man scored the same points in one of the finals games so for $80M the Rockets can have him.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC made out like a bandit in that deal. Kmart is OK.....Lamb MIGHT be good..... but 2 first round draft picks?! on a team that will likely suck. I'll take it. Good for Harden, get all you can while you can.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC made out like a bandit in that deal. Kmart is OK.....Lamb MIGHT be good..... but 2 first round draft picks?! on a team that will likely suck. I'll take it. Good for Harden, get all you can while you can.

^^^ totally agree.

OKC is the youngest NBA team, but somehow they got even younger with that deal. Serge Ibaka's offensive game is still getting better, and with the draft picks we not only might not miss a beat, but be a fixture in the playoffs for the next 5 or 6 years.

I'm still a Harden fan. Screw those who think ill of him for leaving. They'd do the same for the type of money he's working for.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with him bailing for big bucks.
I wouldn't blame any of them for doing that.
OKC is a small market with limited opportunity to maximize your name branding.

Just seems like a lot of maoney for a 6th man.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not to mention we've gotten better the last couple years not only with scoring, but with improving our defense (both with picking up players like Perk, and the younger guys maturing). I'm still adamant that Harden's defense is a big part of why Presti wouldn't shell out any more cash. I like Harden, but he was terrible on that side of the ball.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is something to be said for getting championship rings. $13.75M per year with OKC or $16M per year with Houston. I'm staying with OKC and getting a ring.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to mention we've gotten better the last couple years not only with scoring, but with improving our defense (both with picking up players like Perk, and the younger guys maturing). I'm still adamant that Harden's defense is a big part of why Presti wouldn't shell out any more cash. I like Harden, but he was terrible on that side of the ball.

I can't stand Perkins, he is not good at all. Slow feet, God forbid he gets caught in rotation, and his stats are poor compared to many PFs and Cs in the game.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is something to be said for getting championship rings. $13.75M per year with OKC or $16M per year with Houston. I'm staying with OKC and getting a ring.

Yeah sure, that's easy to say from your chair. But if you were in Harden's, I can guarantee that you too would be searching for a new crib down in Houston just like Harden. 3.25 million more a year is some serious jack. You'd have to be a fool to turn down that kind of money. Especially with Harden being so young.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't even begin to imagine getting $80M over five years. You'd have to be a financial fool to blow through that much money before you died of old age. If invested wisely, Harden could play five years, then retire and live a good life doing whatever he wants to. Of course, if that living involves multi-million-dollar digs, gold-plated Hummers, and $100K parties - then refer to my second sentence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom