James Harden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is something to be said for getting championship rings. $13.75M per year with OKC or $16M per year with Houston. I'm staying with OKC and getting a ring.

He can use that extra money to buy tickets to the playoffs, just like Lil Wayne...

Harden could have easily made up the difference in money from national endorsements. His visibility on the national level on the Thunder was very valuable. Who in the nation is going to see Houston play on national TV on a regular basis? Not to mention they will not be visible in the playoffs.

The starter/off the bench argument is totally moronic. He played the same number of minutes as a starter. Coming off the bench allowed him to exploit the other team's bench players. Harden will have some great games becuase he is very talented. But with the money Houston is paying him, they will expect him to do it every night. Wait until he gets the taste of double-doubles and still losing the game because they dont have enough supporting talent.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Defense wins championships. Harden got ate up defending LeBron. If OKC wants to win a championship, they had better get a defender who can shut down LeBron. You can only go so far trying to outscore the other team. The that wins in post game is the team that can play defense. OKC has a plenty of offense. The real issue can they improve their defense, specifically perimeter defense. You can't let Miami shoot 13 threes in a Finals game. I still don't understand why after about the time the sixth three went down, the coach didn't go to zone. Harden is a great offensive player but he totally disppeared during the Finals. He was lucky to get the 50 million dollar offer. How does OKC even come up with 50 million dollars? I see a lot of folks struggling to keep their lights on.

It boggles my mind how our society pays these athletes, coaches, singers, and movie stars so much money. I obviously, know the answer. That's because there's so many people are willing to shell out thousands of dollars for Thunder season tickets, pay 175$ apiece to see some has been singer/band sing for 90 minutes, or pay ten dollars to see a predictable boring movie. If the economy is so crappy, how come there's 18000 folks paying all that money to get into the Ford/Chespeake arena? If we are at the point where we didn't know where our next meal was coming from, I would think, the first thing to fall off the budget list would be entertainment. There must be a lot of disposable income around. The market will charge what ever market will bear.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys really think they can win "rings" with the lakers line up in the west (nash & howard). Oh yeah check out the heat. They have improved since last year (ray allen).

Yes absolutely I do, if the Lakers are what stand in their way. Miami is a legitimate juggernaut and it's their season to lose at this time, but LAL doesn't scare anybody. Between Howard's poor attitude, Kobe's arrogance and a lack of depth I think that is a team that is VERY beatable. I think the Clippers could potentially beat them and I would actually favor both OKC and San Antonio in a playoff series against LAL. Especially with no Phil Jackson to manage attitudes and egos - Mike Brown is in over his head. I plan on seeing a lot more of Steve Nash getting irritated this season, I actually feel bad for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom