James Hetfield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Load was the last album I could somewhat stand. Wish James all the best in his fight, he's always been one of my favorites. Just saw them when they played in Tulsa earlier this year.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
St. Anger was a joke. Load and Reload are OK. Death Magnetic and Hardwired... to Self-Destruct are nothing like the original stuff like Kill em All, Ride the Lightening, Master of Puppets, or And Justice for All. I pretty much consider the Black Album to be the last of the old school Metallica...

Although, I really enjoy the S&M album for being such a different musical blend.

metallica_10_albums_wallpaper_jpeg_by_espioartwork-d60y8h6-1000x407.jpg

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Load was the last album I could somewhat stand. Wish James all the best in his fight, he's always been one of my favorites. Just saw them when they played in Tulsa earlier this year.

We went also . They killed it but I think since it was Metallica I was expecting so much more .

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
St. Anger was a joke. Load and Reload are OK. Death Magnetic and Hardwired... to Self-Destruct are nothing like the original stuff like Kill em All, Ride the Lightening, Master of Puppets, or And Justice for All. I pretty much consider the Black Album to be the last of the old school Metallica...

Although, I really enjoy the S&M album for being such a different musical blend.

metallica_10_albums_wallpaper_jpeg_by_espioartwork-d60y8h6-1000x407.jpg

I accept that people and bands have to grow and evolve, otherwise they'll become stale, but I just really don't like James' voice as much these days. Even when he's singing the good per-Black album stuff. That and the grossly overpriced tickets are the reasons I didn't even attempt to get tickets to see them last time they were around.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, I like his voice more as he has matured. I haven't listened to the newer albums, St. Anger and such, I've gotten into some other bands like Skillet, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and such, but I still listen to lots of older Metallica. I saw them live in the Black, Load and Reload tours and really enjoyed them. These are the albums I still listen to, with some Justice and S&M thrown in.

I wish James the best, but I'm not that invested in it from a musical standpoint anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom