James River AK’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I see classic arms just posted a bunch of variations for sale and the prices seem ok. Some on GB on the 900-1000 range. A guy I work with has a low mileage one for sale. It’s the wood stock version and I think he’s had it for a number of years. What’s the overall quality and Is it one worth owning?
Thanks

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
James River seems to be hit or miss when it comes to AK's. I personally wouldn't put that much money into one; I feel as if there are better options out there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It seems I could get it for way less than they are going for. I’m not a huge AK fan but if I could get it at a price I’m ok with I might do it

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The AK market is getting crazy as of late. Surplus parts kits are all but completely dried up. Many of the countries that are still making AKs are producing what equates to a civilian sporter version that isn't as good what was made for the military. You really need to know what you are getting into these days

A lot of the parts are cast and not forged like they used to be and are softer as well by a good margin.

As for James River Armory. You might want to call them and find out what they use for parts.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Saiga or VEPR, they are much better rifles. There are still a few of them out there to be had at reasonable prices, but they are getting a lot harder to find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom