Jimi Hendrix - US ARMY 19 Years Old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since Jimi has been rated #1 by several websites that follow that stuff, who is your favorite guitar player?

I'm kinda weird when it comes to guitarists. I mean I have lots of favorites. Eddie Van Halen has his style, as does the late Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Winwood, Vince Gill, B.B. King, Steve Vai and Chet Atkins. When you hear any of those guys play, you know it's them because of their certain style, just like Jimmy Hendrix.

But could you imagine Chet Atkins playing heavy metal? Or Eddie VH playing country? Basically, what I'm trying to say there's more than just wailing on the guitar and having your certain style, like Jimmy and all the others I named.

That's why I say the greatest guitarist ever would have to be...Eric Clapton.

Slow Hand plays rock. He can play country. He can play blues. He can even play gospel. The man can play any genre of music out there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all are gonna think I'm weird, and you'd probably be right. However, check out some of the classical guitarists. I've listened to some of them that would almost make one think that there were two people playing instead of just one.

And yes, I'm weird because I really don't care for rock music, let alone hard rock or heavy metal. Screaching instruments don't appeal to me.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got this concert on DVD. If you can find the whole thing to see how it flows, it’s incredible. Here is a link to the 13 songs he played that night. Interviews with his bassist and drummer said that nothing was edited or added. It was just one of those magical nights
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVRhKORILej9F8rNUg3qmwkEEHBFL6rhC

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As some one who has played guitar for 45+ years there is no such thing as the greatest guitar player ever. There are many GREAT PLAYERS in different genres and generations that have had a major impact on other players that came after them.

Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:
Chuck Berry / Carl Perkins / James Burton / Jerry Reed / Freddie King / Roy Buchanan / Stevie Ray Vaughan / Tommy Emmanuel / Vince Gill / Dick Dale / Nokie Edwards - The Ventures / Roy Nichols / Jimi Hendrix / Glen Campbell / Edgar Cruz - OKC /
Mark Bruner - Tulsa / The late Tommy Tripplehorn - Tulsa

There are thousands more great players and a couple of dozen more that I like and have not listed. In my music files there is music from A to Z and all in between.
Alabama to ZZ Top.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom