Jimi Hendrix - US ARMY 19 Years Old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all are gonna think I'm weird, and you'd probably be right. However, check out some of the classical guitarists. I've listened to some of them that would almost make one think that there were two people playing instead of just one.

And yes, I'm weird because I really don't care for rock music, let alone hard rock or heavy metal. Screaching instruments don't appeal to me.

This player is great and I've seen him 3 different times in person. He fits your above description but would not be classified as a classical guitarist. He falls in the SOLO Guitar group.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As some one who has played guitar for 45+ years there is no such thing as the greatest guitar player ever. There are many GREAT PLAYERS in different genres and generations that have had a major impact on other players that came after them.

Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:
Chuck Berry / Carl Perkins / James Burton / Jerry Reed / Freddie King / Roy Buchanan / Stevie Ray Vaughan / Tommy Emmanuel / Vince Gill / Dick Dale / Nokie Edwards - The Ventures / Roy Nichols / Jimi Hendrix / Glen Campbell / Edgar Cruz - OKC /
Mark Bruner - Tulsa / The late Tommy Tripplehorn - Tulsa

There are thousands more great players and a couple of dozen more that I like and have not listed. In my music files there is music from A to Z and all in between.
Alabama to ZZ Top.
This is kind of me. I love to watch a really good guitarist, and it doesn't much matter what genre they play or whether I like that genre or song. I'd bet that some of the people you mention at one time or another listed Hendryx as being one of their influences, I'm pretty sure SRV at least said that.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda weird when it comes to guitarists. I mean I have lots of favorites. Eddie Van Halen has his style, as does the late Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steve Winwood.
Steve winwood is primarily known as a vocalist and keyboardist. Although he’s no slouch with a guitar, I’ve never heard him praised for his guitar work

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steve winwood is primarily known as a vocalist and keyboardist. Although he’s no slouch with a guitar, I’ve never heard him praised for his guitar work

You're absolutely right. I might Steve Wariner, not Winwood. This damned getting old thing is driving me batshit crazy. :grumble:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to agree with one that really knows guitar playing , Eric Clapton. Clapton said once that David Gilmour was the best he has ever seen. His guitar solo in Comfortably Numb is considered by many as one of the best. The " black strat " he used for years was sold a few months ago with his guitar collection. It set a record of $3,975,000 and the case it traveled in went for $150,000. Some of his guitars were estimated to bring around $400. The lowest any of them brought was $32,000. I watched the auction live on the web. He donated the $21,000,000 to charity.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:
Chuck Berry / Carl Perkins / James Burton / Jerry Reed / Freddie King / Roy Buchanan / Stevie Ray Vaughan / Tommy Emmanuel / Vince Gill / Dick Dale / Nokie Edwards - The Ventures / Roy Nichols / Jimi Hendrix / Glen Campbell / Edgar Cruz - OKC /
Hey, you left out Roy Clark!

Latest posts

Top Bottom