Job Seekers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy all. While sitting at the unemployment office I saw a flier about Goodyear having an open portal for hiring between August 18th and August the 24th. If anyone is looking to get hired on with Goodyear, get to the unemployment office, register, and get your job match stuff done or go online to www.goodyear.com/careers. I found some hiccups online, so I went to the unemployment office. If someone else has posted this, please disregard. I haven't been monitoring the forum much lately and am not completely in the loop these days.

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From someone with 10 years experience in a plant just like this: It's notoriously bad for your health, and you don't know it until it's too late. I realize the pay is tempting, but gosh, I'd strongly recommend not doing it. It's a trap!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
From someone with 10 years experience in a plant just like this: It's notoriously bad for your health, and you don't know it until it's too late. I realize the pay is tempting, but gosh, I'd strongly recommend not doing it. It's a trap!

I’d think with all the safety rules in place and a MSDS for every substance the risks would be minimal. A lot of manual labor jobs involve some level of risk. Wouldn’t you probably still be there if Dayton hadn’t shut down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d think with all the safety rules in place and a MSDS for every substance the risks would be minimal. A lot of manual labor jobs involve some level of risk. Wouldn’t you probably still be there if Dayton hadn’t shut down?

No, most of that bull$hit is for show, and in practice it's crazy what goes on. I've worked a great deal of manual labor jobs, and am well aware of risk...tire manufacturing is on a whole other level, and much of the "risk" isn't risk--it's exposure that you can't avoid (and this is partly why they have been moving steadily out of this country).

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No, most of that bull$hit is for show, and in practice it's crazy what goes on. I've worked a great deal of manual labor jobs, and am well aware of risk...tire manufacturing is on a whole other level, and much of the "risk" isn't risk--it's exposure that you can't avoid (and this is partly why they have been moving steadily out of this country).

Ah, do you think you would still be there if Dayton hadn’t closed? Did you experience any long term health issues related to the 10 years you were? Kind of like the oil field, tough manual work but pretty good pay. Weren’t they paying near $50 an hour before they left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom