"John Wooing"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, as many of you may know, I am an anime geek; well, I have this anime I greatly enjoy watching over and over again, and it happens to have done a great deal of homework as to the guns they put into the series, and the artistic focus on displaying them correctly. And its kind of a typical thing for Japanese animes that arise from mangas; that there is a lot of background information on particular characters. Well, in this series there are an abundance of characters displayed as being highly skilled in dual wielding their choice hand guns, and one of them has been mentioned briefly in a statement that goes about as follows "Although it appears mr.chang is using his guns in akimbo, he is actually "john wooing" them."

so.. i am assuming john wooing is some practice or style (regardless to if it is practical or even safe...i am sure with the directors name being a perfect match, this may be a completely fictional thing) for using two handguns at once. but i cannot find any info on a stance or style by that name, i just get a lot of sites on the director john woo, i suppose it could be a reference to how the director had his actors hold their weapons in his movies, but i was more hopeful that i could geek out and learn something new about some rare shooting style or something..
so anyone know anything about this term or stance or whatever it is?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom