Judge Strikes Down "Indefinite Detention of US Citizens" Part of NDAA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:soapbox:
This whole issue is very instructive in the basic principles of our form of government.
The Founding Fathers recognized that they were trading some possibility of "efficiency", with our slow ponderous system of checks/balances and limited government, in the hope of preventing the probability that some future government would use more "efficient" powers to suppress liberty.
(For JB) I do not maintain that the Obama Administration would necessarily intend to do any such thing but every time we hand over the power that can allow tyranny we are bringing tyranny one step closer. So my dislike of such laws is not based upon any particular distrust of this present administration. Rather, my objection is based upon my distruct of human nature and the lure of power in mankind in general.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...but every time we hand over the power that can allow tyranny we are bringing tyranny one step closer. So my dislike of such laws is not based upon any particular distrust of this present administration. Rather, my objection is based upon my distruct of human nature and the lure of power in mankind in general.

^^^ This

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This whole issue is very instructive in the basic principles of our form of government.
The founding fathers recognized that they were trading some possibility of "efficiency", with our slow ponderous system of checks/balances and limited government, in the hope of preventing the probability that some future government would use more "efficient" powers to suppress liberty.
(for jb) i do not maintain that the obama administration would necessarily intend to do any such thing but every time we hand over the power that can allow tyranny we are bringing tyranny one step closer. So my dislike of such laws is not based upon any particular distrust of this present administration. Rather, my objection is based upon my distruct of human nature and the lure of power in mankind in general.

amen!!!!!

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is very well stated...
--Mech
The Founding Fathers recognized that they were trading some possibility of "efficiency", with our slow ponderous system of checks/balances and limited government, in the hope of preventing the probability that some future government would use more "efficient" powers to suppress liberty.
(For JB) I do not maintain that the Obama Administration would necessarily intend to do any such thing but every time we hand over the power that can allow tyranny we are bringing tyranny one step closer. So my dislike of such laws is not based upon any particular distrust of this present administration. Rather, my objection is based upon my distruct of human nature and the lure of power in mankind in general.

Latest posts

Top Bottom