Just a little surprised

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can take that Social Security number and see if the previous owner is dead or not by searching the internet. I had a pistol once the was given to me by my mother and it had a SS number on it so I checked it out-it was my deceased mother's SS#.

Were you surprised by this? It would be like sending off your DNA and having it come back saying you’re exactly what you thought you were. What if the SS# came back as some guy across town that you’ve never heard of and through some research you found out he was your real father.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were you surprised by this? It would be like sending off your DNA and having it come back saying you’re exactly what you thought you were. What if the SS# came back as some guy across town that you’ve never heard of and through some research you found out he was your real father.
Lol, are you high?

Obviously he didn't know it was his Mom's SS# - not many of us have those memorized.

Kudos if you do. :drunk2:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who puts their SS #'s on a gun? I had the gun for two-three years before I really looked at it and thought, maybe she bought it from someone so I checked it out on the net. At one time you could put your SS# on your trailer, tools or electronic equipment in case it was stolen-but not these days.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha I just like making jokes.

He said his mother gave it to him and then it was his mothers SS# on it. Am I missing something?
. Yeah, you are making an assumption that is incorrect. Do you know your mother's Social Security number? Some people don't even know their own....

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk that I bought about 14 years ago at a gun show that has what I'm assuming is a last name & a SS number scratched into the frame under the grips.
Would never see it unless the grips are removed.
I have never tried to track down any info on the numbers or name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom