Just finished my AR build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Anything that can be taken off and on will never be a solid as a bolted down mount, ever! Why do you think that precision rifles get Badger mounts or Leopold mk 4 mounts? Why isn't the precision crowd, to include benchresters, singing the praise of Q.D. Mounts? Well cause they need their scope to stay in one place...period!

Now as a matter of fact I know Mark LaRue, and he is one of my best friend,s sponsores, so I am not "anti" LaRue, but if you don't need to take your optic on and off, any quality mount will be just ducky! Kurt

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno...I torque the hell out of the nut on my Larue QD mounts...in a sense they're not really QD when you do that because it takes a lot of muscle to get them off...but I think when you that they're just as solid as a bolted mount? Of course I have no proof, but it's just my perception.

I did just order one of the Burris mounts and I'm looking forward to checking it out.

I'm with you on the fact that QD is typically pretty unnecessary, though.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Anything that can be taken off and on will never be a solid as a bolted down mount, ever! Why do you think that precision rifles get Badger mounts or Leopold mk 4 mounts? Why isn't the precision crowd, to include benchresters, singing the praise of Q.D. Mounts? Well cause they need their scope to stay in one place...period!

Now as a matter of fact I know Mark LaRue, and he is one of my best friend,s sponsores, so I am not "anti" LaRue, but if you don't need to take your optic on and off, any quality mount will be just ducky! Kurt

Mark just released his line of Remington 700 bases and QD rings, they are getting praises left and right. just saying....

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the input.

Kurt,
What are your thoughts on the scope choice of a Bushnell Elite 6500, for what I intend to use the scope for (varmint and target out to 400-500 yards max). No offense to anyone else who has commented, but I KNOW you know what you're talking about, so I would really like to hear your thoughts on a scope choice. I was just about to buy the 4.5-30X50 tactical. I think I like the idea of the tactical turrets but have never owned a scope with them before. Also, I know the 4.5-30 models only have like 50 MOA adjustment where the 2.5-16 models have 80, but since I likely won't be shooting out to 1000 yards, I don't think I'd ever need it anyway.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead with the Bushnell elite 6500. I got it today. Haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but it looks to be a VERY nice optic. Very clear, bright and crisp images. The 4.5-30X is awesome. The tactical knobs are of a good size to use, but not intrusive also have good detents.

Also, the Burris AR PEPR sight is outstanding. It doesn't have the quick detach like the Larue, but for someone like me who never plans on removing the optic, that point is moot. Otherwise, it is a very solid one piece mount, with PERFECT position for the sight box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom