Just got an alert attempted bombing in okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Twice in the past year, the bomb squad had that corner cordoned off when I went down to pick up my wife. (She's in Leadership Square) I wonder if this is the same guy that called in the previous threats.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, another "useless idiot" sting where a guy with zero capability gets contacted by an FBI handler posing as an sympathetic enabler...who then holds his hand through the entire process right up until detonation time. Then they spring out and say gotcha!

Did they stop an attempted bombing or did they create live theater at great taxpayer expense?
The FBI seems to be great at recruiting potential terrorists, though training is lacking since none of the guys they've done this with (to?) have been able to figure out that all the components the FBI provided have been inert.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FBI seems to be great at recruiting potential terrorists, though training is lacking since none of the guys they've done this with (to?) have been able to figure out that all the components the FBI provided have been inert.

are you saying this person should have known that the **** didn't smell right?

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A person with the actual capacity to pull something like this off almost certainly would have.
And a person who would know the difference is probably smart enough to not try something like this in the first place.

Off the top of my head I can't remember a recent case in which the FBI busted someone who legitimately had something going, it has been the FBI pulling one of their classic stings. I'm not saying there aren't other cases, just that all the recent ones I can come up with were stings.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A person with the capacity to pull this off will have a support network that is known to them, and vetted.

Anyone who accepts largely unsolicited advice on bomb
building and attack planning from a stranger they met on the Internet is the definition of useful idiot.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird. I had just recorded that new OKC Bombing special on AHC last night and watched it this morning. Then I Googled other documentaries and ended up watching "Oklahoma City" on Netflix right after. I swear it was a coincidence! I have no control over AHC programming.:anyone: If I did they would stop showing BS bigfoot, UFO, and other nonsensical crap like their other channels.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The feds are well-known to recruit people who are, shall we say, not the sharpest tools in the shed. They also go after people who don't speak the language well, people over whom they can exercise influence, and otherwise manipulate.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The feds are well-known to recruit people who are, shall we say, not the sharpest tools in the shed. They also go after people who don't speak the language well, people over whom they can exercise influence, and otherwise manipulate.

Or, who are vulnerable. "Pssst! Need a few bucks? Can you saw off these shotguns for me?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom