Just got notification my Timney trigger 641C is comming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trigger for my American Predator will be delivered in 7 days (I bet). Really looking forward to it. Think it will help as I move out to distance.
Will do a review (with Pics) of the install and first adjustments if anyone would like to see it.
This means if anyone would like to see it and not give me grief or troll me on it!
Once I get this in, I'll be working on the stock replacement (lss chassis or other).
A friend said there's another company, other than MDT, that makes an aluminum frame bolt actions. Can't remember what that company was to check out.
Doubt it has what the LSS has and made for the center fire Ruger American. Plus the LSS allows for 10 round mags with a neat mag release.
I hate the Ruger snap in 4 round mag.
If you know this other company, please post the name or link
Thanks

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll like it.
They are suppose to come set, from factory, at 3 lbs. Minimum adjustment is 1.5 lbs but I might need to mess the sear. Hope not. Timney's instructions are garbage.
What do you have your's set at? I'm thinking about 2 lbs but that will be a feel thing and what I'm comfortable with.
Advice?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a luggage scale (I think I posted a picture of it) that I picked up from WM. Not sure how accurate it is, but I could use some beans. Ha.
Used a wire I bent to attach to scale but who knows. I'm going to test the trigger with it, before I take it out to the range just to see if it's close to the 3 lb factory setting.
Bought the trigger (new in box) at a very good price, but Timney will set the trigger pull to your choice when you order it. Even though the seller said it's standard Timney pull, again who knows.
At the price I paid, I doubt the seller knows much about it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where you locate the wire on the trigger will make a difference in how the trigger pull will be read. Put a mark on the trigger and put the wire at the same place for repeated tests.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where you locate the wire on the trigger will make a difference in how the trigger pull will be read. Put a mark on the trigger and put the wire at the same place for repeated tests.
Thanks. Need to come up with something that will stop the bare metal on the wire from moving. Thought about putting some heat shrink tubing to hold the trigger from slipping side to side. Or might just use string except it would create drag (I think).

Latest posts

Top Bottom