Just spent $580 on SeaWorld tickets....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john.beck49

Marksman
Reaction score
Make sure you go early before the main park opens. Walk through the gate and hang a left so the kids can feed and pet the dolphins. The tray of sardines are priced a little high, but the experience was the one thing my kids still remember after 6 years.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ai, yi, yi ... that's a lot of ammo ... But there are times when the memories made are worth the $$$s ... It sounds like this is gonna be one of those times. Ya'll have FUN!!
This is what this whole trip is about... and we got season passes for the rest of this year and next. We won't go back this year, but next year, we're already planning a trip to Houston for his birthday in August to see the Broadway production of The Lion King, so we'll prolly spend a couple days in S.A. then, too. Also, they're opening a new park next year, a waterpark, I think, and we get access to that, too.

We've been waiting for him to be old enough to appreciate the experience AND to remember it for life... he's 6 now, so I think this is about time.

No kidding... that's what? 300 rounds of 50BMG? Or 16K rounds of .22?
You get 50BMG for less than $2 per round??? WHERE????

Make sure you go early before the main park opens. Walk through the gate and hang a left so the kids can feed and pet the dolphins. The tray of sardines are priced a little high, but the experience was the one thing my kids still remember after 6 years.
Yup, we signed up for the Dolphin Encounter thing, I think. We wanted to do the whole big-ol' Ultimate Seafari, but they were already booked up for the 2 days we were available. Oh well... we are gonna have plenty to do, with the dolphin thing, all the shows, the unlimited passes to bypass the lines at the rides and the all-you-can-eats... we'll be pretty sick and tired by the time we leave! Plus, it's Halloween season, so they've got a bunch of extra stuff going on, and I think The Boy is gonna wear his costume, too.

Should be quite an adventure for all! I've been looking forward to doing these kinds of things with him for years... now we finally have the chance!

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C'mon Doc, that's like less than 4 hours of work for you. But it's money well spent, it's alot of fun.
This is what this whole trip is about... and we got season passes for the rest of this year and next. We won't go back this year, but next year, we're already planning a trip to Houston for his birthday in August to see the Broadway production of The Lion King, so we'll prolly spend a couple days in S.A. then, too. Also, they're opening a new park next year, a waterpark, I think, and we get access to that, too.

We've been waiting for him to be old enough to appreciate the experience AND to remember it for life... he's 6 now, so I think this is about time.

Yup, we signed up for the Dolphin Encounter thing, I think. We wanted to do the whole big-ol' Ultimate Seafari, but they were already booked up for the 2 days we were available. Oh well... we are gonna have plenty to do, with the dolphin thing, all the shows, the unlimited passes to bypass the lines at the rides and the all-you-can-eats... we'll be pretty sick and tired by the time we leave! Plus, it's Halloween season, so they've got a bunch of extra stuff going on, and I think The Boy is gonna wear his costume, too.

Should be quite an adventure for all! I've been looking forward to doing these kinds of things with him for years... now we finally have the chance!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've heard milsurp to be around that. I'm not a buyer, though. I'm a website developer, not a lawyer.

A quick Google search just now found me places that list online between $1.46 (site looks defunct, though) and $2.50.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget to signup for dinner with shamu. I have done that twice and it's super cool. You get to eat behind the scenes right there with the whales and get a few minutes speaking directly with a trainer.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain, my wife and I dropped some coin for the Seafari thing, she really wants to feed the critters & what not. We're going to the Mercado, the Alamo, a couple art museums, the Riverwalk of course, some old neighorhood that has extravagant old homes, a walking tour to visit some of the old Missions & maybe the zoo... Anybody got reccomendations? Cool stuff that we ought to see or do?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
C'mon Doc, that's like less than 4 hours of work for you. But it's money well spent, it's alot of fun.
Ha! Everyone thinks just being a doc means tons of cash... but I trained in primary care, and most of us don't make anywhere near that... then you figure taxes and paying back loans (2 sets for me!) and we live much more like your Average Joe than you'd suspect.

Don't forget to signup for dinner with shamu. I have done that twice and it's super cool. You get to eat behind the scenes right there with the whales and get a few minutes speaking directly with a trainer.
I saw that and considered it... but after dropping all the money on the all-you-can-eat wristband, I didn't want to do another hundred-plus on a single buffet, cool though it may be. And looking at the food list, I thought, well, it could be really good, or really mediocre.

Maybe next time.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go early and stay until the entire family is ready to feed you to Shamu! I told my family there is no way in, well you get the point, that we were leaving until there was nothing left to see! The good news is that they change shifts at the free beer garden about 4:00 so go back and make the walk more bearable. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom